For others like myself trying to find some direction in creating an Oracle

Glyphman

I have been having some difficulty defineing my theme. Many variables that I am running into that place me at some walls that I can not seem to navigate the climb.
So many symbols and images. So many different paths while trying to get some focus for starting even the first card. How do I place my own feelings and emotions within the cards. Trying to project images and symbols that others will relate too and hopefully find themselves feeling the same thoughts and emotions as we are while creating the cards. So much more...........

Any way, came across this site. If you can relate to some of my trials and tribulations, then perhaps this site will provide you with some of the same help defining some direction as it is for me.

Hope you enjoy it............. http://www.verticalpool.com/neurotarot.html

gravenimages

POssible direction for Oracle Creation?

Hi there! I don't know if this would be helpful to you, but when Kat and I were doing Graven Images Oracle, we pulled out a tarot deck and made a list of all the possible themes and matched them up with the symbolism we were using. We addressed that issue in the text that goes with our cards. Have a look at our website www.gravenimagesoracle.com (I think a portion of that is up there) and let me know if that is any help. There's tons of overlap and subtleties (but that's life too, yes?) Anyone else have any thoughts?

Natalie

Glyphman

Matching them up with the symbolism

gravenimages said:
We pulled out a tarot deck and made a list of all the possible themes and matched them up with the symbolism we were using. We addressed that issue in the text that goes with our cards. Have a look at our website www.gravenimagesoracle.com (I think a portion of that is up there) and let me know if that is any help. There's tons of overlap and subtleties (but that's life too, yes?) Anyone else have any thoughts?
Natalie

Hi Natalie!

Exactly!........You mention on your website how "images in the cards have not been altered or enhanced, but reflect the symbols and staturay as they appear in their natural condition, and are based on their own symbolic merit.

As I put together my oracle deck, I am trying real hard to focus on using symbols as they were originaly designed by our ancestors. I want to believe that the original symbols are still part of our own ancient subconcious.
I hope the deck to be very powerful because of the subconcious connection we make when they are brought out in front of us in "their natural condition" during an oracle reading, and or meditation because of "their symbolic merit."

The Neuro-Tarot website above, talks about how to "associate the world around us for finding and creating more imaginative connections between vertical (heavens above, soul within, earth below) and horizontal (the world around us) realms." How to start naming the most meaningful pieces of our lives, and that perhaps if they connect with people we have feelings for, then to name that feeling also."
So like yourself, these are the methods I am trying to use in nameing and applying symbols to my cards.

Some examples for spiritual facts in our lives might include:
Intelligence
Love
Security
Language
Creativity
Work
Transformation
Friendship

Like the way you guys addressed the issues, and matched them up with your cards. Now, I can't imagine not following suggestions like yours, and the ones from the website above, and end up with some awsome cards.

Also, ............I just love your "Wall Card" idea! I got to tell ya. I may not call it a Wall Card in my deck, but gotta have it......... What a cool and unique idea.

Talk with ya later...................

gravenimages

Thanks for your kind words! We thought the Wall idea was a card that really should be in a deck--I can't tell you how many times I've done readings where the cards made no sense. If a querent isn't focused, or if the powers that be jsut don't want you to know, how will they tell you? I think it will be interesting to see what your "wall" is in the symbols you are working with (and now I have to wonder, what on earth would it look like in a Tarot Deck? WOuld it be Major Arcana, or would it stand on its own--kind of like the joker in a pack of playing cards?. I think your idea is a really good one--I agree that we all have threads running through us that connect us, and that transcends time, culture etc. (I hope that makes sense!). Good luck with your project--and don't forget to post it when you're done!

Natalie

Simone

After discussions with Major Tom (the moderator of the Tarot Deck Creation Forum), and even if this is an oracle, it has been decided to move this thread to the Tarot Deck Creation Forum.

This forum welcomes all deck creations and links thereto.

Thaks for your understanding!

Simone, Moderator, Oracle Decks Forum

Glyphman

I have found within the website: http://www.verticalpool.com/neurotarot.html under the "Workbench and the Research" section, the part about "the world around us, for finding and creating more imaginative connections between vertical (heavens above, soul within, earth below) and horizontl (the world around us) realms," applies for my oracle card theme around the Maya, because I am able to relate it to the four cardinal directions, Human plane of existance, inner sanctum, the underworld, otherworld, living sky, and the middleworld.
Presently I have started with a suggestion under the part titled "When the Personal Becomes Universal", and have "started naming the most meaningful pieces of my life." It is a great place for me to start, and I believe it will be a great aid in creating my oracle cards. I find myself going back to younger years and connecting the feelings and emotions from these years and on into adulthood into words that describe these feelings and emotions.
Some of the words I have connected to are:
Transition, Quest, commitment, desire, institution, accession, inspiration, essence, abandonment, humility, impassiveness, empathy, ebracement, acceptance, suppression, dancing, compulsiveness, tranquillity, endearment, and fulfillment, just to name a few.

Any way, finding the information and suggestions in this site a big help in getting some focus and am starting to feel like I have a bit of a direction. My creative juices are moving again........

gravenimages

Excellent! I think it was a good thing to move this thread here--I think you're going to get alot more people looking and there-fore alot more ideas pouring in in terms of direction. Once you get the basics down you can build and build on it. That's the hardest part really, I think--getting the skeleton down--once you have that, then things start to fall into place--that was our toughest hurdle...
Nat