"Hanged Man" as "Who"?

Seafra

Maybe one of the things you might say is "It's time for a very deep study on the Hanged Man card" -- it is the tarot card most represented in literature if I'm not mistaken. And the time spent waiting would be well served.

Just a thought. :)

meginmd

*smiles sadly*

My heart knows that I'm not destined to ever find a true love; hence the "Wait" answer.
Wait and wait and wait and wait and wait.

Seafra

meginmd said:
*smiles sadly*

My heart knows that I'm not destined to ever find a true love; hence the "Wait" answer.
Wait and wait and wait and wait and wait.

Well, speaking from current personal experience, if I had waited, if I had looked at things from a different angle and made the right sacrifices, I might not be in the emotional muddle I am in now.

"Good things come to those who wait." :) And, btw, that is actually a fabulous card after you get over how aggravating it is. lol

meginmd

Why so fabulous?

Seafra

He's very spiritual. When he finally gets back into action it is with a new mindset. He's like the Tower only calmer. He's ... like the acid trips that Dr Leary used to take to learn more about himself. He tends to appear when you need your world turned upside down because your current 'world' isn't working for you. He signifies intense inner work.

He's worth a long look. I'm having trouble putting two words together atm. eek. So I googled and found this:

http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/hanged.htm

and try this, just scroll down to hanged man:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=77113

Reading other's thoughts on specific cards can really enrich your own experience with them. Happy journey!

meginmd

Thanks for the links.

Seafra

meginmd said:
Thanks.
So it's basically just wait and see.
Great.

Well, no, it is so much more. Could be that your current attitude isn't working for you. Is it? That's a question the card asks you to ask yourself with stark honesty. Is it possible you are mired in the mundane? That kind of thing.

If your gut tells you the card means means twiddling your thumbs while you wait perhaps you should entertain the notion that your gut may be wrong which is why you are in the situation you find yourself in.

Nothing personal -- this is all stated in relation to the Hanged Man.

Thirteen

meginmd said:
This may be EXACTLY the perspective that you need to change. Maybe you need to turn around and upsidedown everything you've been doing, thinking, imagining you want, or need, or believe to be love in order to find it.

That, after all, is the idea of the Hanged man. Right-side-up, he sees nothing. Up-side-down, he suddenly sees everything. Turn yourself up-side-down on this topic, in each and every respect from what you usually do, from what you think you want, from the type of guy you usually gaze at and sigh over. Everything.

And ya know what? I'll go in the exact opposite direction of nisaba. I don't think you've tried enough, sacrificed enough OR been miserable enough. The Hanged man requires all of those. So don't wait. Jump in. Approach someone--just make sure they're the exact opposite of the kind of person you'd usually go after. Try something, anything completely different from the usual. Because even if it costs you, you'll come out knowing a whole lot more than you do now. And there on that other side, you'll finally know exactly who and what you're looking for, no need to ask the tarot again.

Seafra

Yeah, what she said. LOL

To further the point, someone in Hanged Man mode is NOT going to start up a romantic relationship. When using the energy of the card they are getting rid of what does not serve, not looking for further commitments.

nisaba

And hte Hanged Man doesn't point to another person, usually, but to yourself. So pay attention to other aspects of your life, attend to whatever else in your life neds fixing (your spirituality, your job, your family ... whatever isn't perfect) because perhaps you won't be in the right headspace for a good relationship until everything else in your life is working nicely. At the very least, if other areas of your life are a mess, you are less generally attractive to people than if everything is running smoothly. Perhaps the Hanged Man is offering you some time in your life to set yourself up and improve your life and your outlook so as to be more appealing to the right kinds of people, not just those looking for "more meat" or victims.