"Hanged Man" as "Who"?

le fey

meginmd said:
That is so not worth it. If I can't be loved for who I am--not for who I'll become--then I'm better off alone, because at least then I know I'm not worth loving as I am now.

And yet, lasting relationships work because each person is committed not only to the people they are today, but to the people they will become as the years pass, no?

I agree with all that others have said and want to add another thought regarding the Hanged Man... take a look at the image - the Hanged Man is naked, vulnerable... and unafraid of that vulnerability. It's not a weakness, it's a strength that frees the Hanged Man up to offer every bit of who he is without fear.

Your comments about yourself and your expectations are so negative... how could anyone every break through them to even find you, much less love you, if you take any challenge as an indicator that it's just not meant to be, or not worth it?

The Hanged Man imagery is about self-sacrifice - and seeing the sacrifice not as a tragedy but a gift. I wonder if it might be telling you to sacrifice your protective beliefs that keep you from the vulnerabilities that go with giving and receiving love? Not to change everything about yourself.. but to alter you VIEW of yourself and of love? That's scary - letting go of that is going to leave you naked and exposed - but that's the only way to let anyone close enough to love you. If you hide, you'll only convince yourself that anyone who *does* love you loves only the outer shell, not the real you.

I know how hard that can be - but if you truly want people to love you for who you are, you've got to be willing to reveal yourself to them without fear and without running to triumphantly shout 'see! I knew I was destined to have no one love me!" the moment it starts to feel uncomfortable.

SunChariot

very good answer le fey.

Babs

meginmd

Whoa...I didn't expect so many replies!

Thirteen, I do see your point. But I wasn't trying to imply that I was putting words in your mouths; it was just how I saw it.
I've been told that I see the negative in cards; and that's simply what I did here.
I know my view of how I am seen is negative; I can't remember how long it's been like that.
Maybe that is why I'm not willing to "take off the blinders"; I'd rather remain in my safe little hideaway then go out and be brave.
Of course, doing that means I'm not living life, but rather watching from the sidelines.

starrystarrynight

meginmd said:
Maybe that is why I'm not willing to "take off the blinders"; I'd rather remain in my safe little hideaway then go out and be brave.
Of course, doing that means I'm not living life, but rather watching from the sidelines.
However, the fact that you are consulting tarot with hopes of changing this "safe little hideaway" contradicts your own words. If you are not familiar with the Law of Attraction, maybe it would help you to google the term.

But more than that, if you tend to see the negative in the cards (and elsewhere), getting back to the Hanged Man--he urges you to look at life from a different perspective, or else doom yourself to a lifetime of hanging in the wind.

Just my opinion. I suspect no one here will be able to change your mind nor your outlook. Sorry.

SunChariot

It is normal to see negative in the cards if you see negative in the world around you. What we beleive life is has a great effect on how we read and what we are likely to see in the cards. If your viewpoint tells you something is impossible it won't come up in your readings, while it might well come up in the readings of someone else who does feel it is possible or even probable.

That being said and back to your original question. If in your Wish Come True Spread, another person is a part of your answer, meaning he/she is an important part of making that come true...if you do choose to stay safe in your hideaway and unwilling to open up fully to another, you are choosing not to let that person in, and that means you yourself are choosing not to try and make your wish come true.

I think in time you will change your mind on that. I know I did. I had a period where I felt as you did, but I came out the other end. It meant to much to me to have a truly loving relationship, to give up on it for the rest of my life. I finally did decide that the risk was worth it, although I do minimize it when I can by talkign things out, not trying to play guessing games....

Babs

meginmd

I know what the Law of Attraction is :)
I have a vision board behind my bed, actually.
I just don't utilize it.

In my reading, the "when" card was the 6 of Coins. The only "who" card was the Hanged Man.

SunChariot

starrystarrynight said:
However, the fact that you are consulting tarot with hopes of changing this "safe little hideaway" contradicts your own words. If you are not familiar with the Law of Attraction, maybe it would help you to google the term.

But more than that, if you tend to see the negative in the cards (and elsewhere), getting back to the Hanged Man--he urges you to look at life from a different perspective, or else doom yourself to a lifetime of hanging in the wind.

Just my opinion. I suspect no one here will be able to change your mind nor your outlook. Sorry.

Mmmm that is what I was talking about in one of my earlier posts: The Law of Attraction. I did not call it by name, but that is also what I meant.

I see that. A change of perspective is necessary if she wants to achieve her goal.

meginmd, you are using the Law of Attraction. We cannot not use it. It is a law of how the universe and life work. It doesn't go away just because you don't think of it.

You may not be using it purposely or consciously, but it is impossble not to use it. Every though and feeling we have sends out vibes into the unvierse to send us in our life what we most beleive in. If we believe we will not have true love in our lifes, then our thguohts and feelings send out vibes to keep it away from us , to repel it.

If on the other hand we beleive that we will have it and it cannot help but come to us, we send out the opposite vibes and it is well on its way to us.

You can't not use it, it's a law of the universe and how life works. You're not using it consciously though, and you are using it against yourself (sigh)

Unless you meant that it's the vision board that you don't use, in which case, sorry. :grin:

Babs

Gypsyspell

Hi Ya, thought i would also stick my oar in! not that there has'nt been enough help already..Anyway i dont think your fears and insecurities are so unique, i look at what happens when i go out and see how much alcohol induced dutch courage is needed before people will ask each other to dance or chat.
Relationships are alot of hard work ,and the danger is people (SEEM TO ME) to have very high expectations of 'that perfect person ' soul mate' and also take one another for granted.
I think Hang in there!
He may be hiding under a rock somewhere afraid to disappoint you!
When you come out of your shell you may see a pair of eyes!
Just my convoluted take on things-if it helps!!

meginmd

I am using it against myself, aren't I?
I haven't used the vision board in months.
Believe me when I say that there's no one looking at me right now.

SunChariot

meginmd said:
I am using it against myself, aren't I?
I haven't used the vision board in months.

Well yes. If you have a dream and choose to believe it isn't possible for it to come to fruition AND for it to come true in a happy peaceful way, then you are sending out energy to repel it from you. If you do believe it can be achieved for you and in a happy peaceful way, and let yourself beleive it and have faith in it, then that is what will happen.

I understand the fear, believe me. But you are a reader. There are things you can do to create it smoothly. Like you can ask your cards things like "How can I create my dream in the most peaceful way possible?" "What can you tell me about why I do not need to feel as scared as I do about this?" (that will tell you some positive things to think on) "What would happen to my dream if I did not let go of these fears?" together with "What will happen to my dream if I don't let go of these fears? (btw, I am 100% sure you will find that the answer to what will happen if you don't will show an unhappier future in the long run. Try it and see. I asked those questions, and often. That is what I found.

Sounds like fun to me actually. I kindof wish I had a vision board. :grin:

Babs