Healthier, fitter me - spread

Saskia

Anybody else wanting to get back on the improved health/fitness track after the holiday period?

I created a spread for healthier, fitter me that seems to work fine but I'd be curious to hear others' feedback!

Healthier, fitter me - spread

4 - 5
1 - 2 - 3

1. What would be the best goal for me in search of healthier/fitter life?
2. How can I best achieve this goal?
3. What new activity or exercise I should try?
4. How to best achieve/maintain my ideal weight?
5. What will motivate me with my weight/fitness goal?
6. The best advice for me to be healthier?

And here's an example reading.

1. Goal - ACE OF WANDS. The goal should be to feel more energised, enthusiastic and inspired, get an energy burst out of exercising and healthy eating, which then radiates to all areas of my life.

2. How to - MAGICIAN. Trust your own skills, willpower and talents. Explore and have fun with creating the life you like; the new, fitter, healthier me. It's all within your reach, it's just a matter of turning intention into action, not just mulling it over in your head.

3. New thing to try - 2 WANDS. There are options available, it's up to you to decide which one feels the most energising and exciting. It could also be about literal wands, such as skiing (ski poles) or Scandinavian walking: power walking with ski poles. Hiking with hiking poles could also work!

For some reason I get gymnastics from this picture, in particular parallel bars, so maybe it's time to revive my childhood hobby! It could also be about balance and finding the ability to focus, so yoga would work perfectly - I already do yoga but it's more of a physical exercise than a mind-training method for me, whereas yoga could enable crystal-clear focus, staying in the zone.

4. Ideal weight - HIGH PRIESTESS. Listen to your body and learn to know it's secrets better. Notice that you're not always hungry when you want to eat: it can be about boredom, frustration, for reward, just to finish the plate because you took too much... Be more mindful about how, why and what you eat. Also, the Priestess holds a pomegranate and there are more at the background, so it's a clear prompt to eat more fruit and veggies to keep it fresh and light.

5. Motivation - 7 CUPS. Dreams, wishes and aspirations. Well, obviously many of my clothes will fit better and look nicer if I keep myself fit, and I've had this dream of once in my life having visible abs! Not necessarily a six-pack, but at least a fit-looking midriff. I'm short so any excess weigh shows quickly, and it tends to pack around me as a spare tyre if I'm not careful.

6. Best advice - 4 SWORDS. Rest more, take power naps, ensure good quality sleep, take breaks, withdraw from the daily hassle. I haven't slept enough for some time now, just because I feel so energised by many recent life changes (one of them is this blog) so I often wake up ridiculously early because I feel I have so many things to do. I need to remember to take time for rest and recovery, too. Meditation and quiet contemplation, letting my mind to rest, is essential here.

My original reading is here.

EmpyreanKnight

This looks like a very helpful spread. I'm going to use this if one of my querents wants advice on how to improve their fitness. I feel like I've reached a plateau in my routines too - this might help me get new insights on how to update or refine them. Thanks!

Saskia

Thank you for adding it, Hemera!

winter garden

I'm going to try this one in a moment, and hopefully remember to report back - thank you, Saskia!