Gilded Tarot - What is your favorite card and why???

lunakasha

dolphinprincess said:
I don't have a specific minor card that is my favorite.. but the one thing that I love about this deck that initially drew me to it... I ADORE all the "critters" in the cards. There is a mouse, or a rabbit, or a squirrel.. etc.. .there are furry friends everywhere and I love that so much. I honestly think that is one of the main selling points of this deck for me. The artwork is amazing regardless... but the inclusion of animals makes the deck personal to me.

Yes, DP....as a fellow animal lover, I am in agreement with you. There are so many little critters scattered throughout this deck, which to me just adds another dimension to them. In fact, most of my favorite tarot decks are strongly nature-based and include lots of animals....

I also think the Lovers card is.....HOT!!!! :p

:D Luna

sunflowr

I'm gonna have to check this deck out! I love that it has animals in it.. also we seem to have similar tastes in decks. :) So, I better go look and see what all this is about! ;)

OakDragon

I, too, like this deck for all the animals scattered throughout it!

Asher

Favorites

Hi everybody!

Sorry to have been so quiet, but I'm heavily involved in a month long Reiki class with lots of (wonderful) homework...

As others have said, I have favorites *for the moment*, but they are likely to change as I work with this deck.

With the Majors, I am currently captivated by those cards which show the machinery, the gears, cogs and wheels of the rational world. The High Priestess has transcended rationality for inner wisdom, intuition and magick.

The rational world, as depicted on the Star and Moon cards, seems to try to enclose, limit, control that which it cannot understand. The Star maiden calmly uses/pours out her intuitive creativity and healing energies while the huge enclosed star is reflected in her 3rd eye.

The creatures in the Moon card object to the containment of the moon's magick, cycles, emotions,etc. Interestingly, the rationalists have copied some of the moon's phases in the design of the gears/machinery that seem to threaten the instincts of the moon's creatures. What does that say about them? If they cannot accept/access/control these precious gifts, they will make artificial one which they _can_ control.

And the Hanging Man, too, is caught up in the machinations of the rational, "real" world, although he is attempting to extricate himself. Where will he fall?

And my very favorite Minor card is, without a doubt, the 6 of Swords, which evokes for me the Lady of the Lake in her barge, coming and going to and from the magic island of Avalon to help shape the affairs of the world.

Just some early reflections. Looking forward to the study group!

Asher

janstar17

The Empress

From a pure emotional reaction after reviewing all the cards on-line again, I'd have to say The Empress "called" to me the most. It's impossible to declare any one card of this deck my favorite though! Its imagery is just so very rich and vibrant, favoritism is impossible.

As her sceptre, Ciro gave her the symbol of venus! How perfect is that?? Her flowing copper tresses brings to mind the Nuu-chah-nulth Nation's creation myth of "The Daughters of Copper Woman" and its rich connection to the natural world.

This Empress seems to be confidently overseeing the heavens and all its constellations uniting spirit with matter. She is not the least bit mysterious but open and fully conscious of her responsibilities as well as her abilities!!

I really love the adornments Ciro has placed throughout this deck! The sapphire necklace that The Empress wears symbolizes the blue of the heavens while the ruby-stubbed belt reflects her royalness...and her power and passion.

This deck could easily become the definitive tarot work of the the 21st century, IMHO...

tmgrl2

Wonderful reflections, Asher and janstar. I, too, don't have one favorite...just picked one to start and the Hanging Man with the chain at hand struck me early on. I also love the animals, the rich colors (which resonate with my early love of color in psychic work)
and the "machinery."

The Wheel has all of those cogs. When I was a child, I was afraid of riding the Ferris Wheel, because somehow, I kept seeing all the mechanical workings that could go wrong. What if I got stuck at the top? And in Tarot, isn't the top where one might want to be? LOL

Also never liked that swooping sensation as we came over the top...When Fortune changes for the "downswing" doesn't it also feel that way?

I totally agree that this is a deck for the 21st Century which maintains what is intended in the earlier traditions, yet moves us forward...that's why I like the Hanging Man with his legs in motion.

terri

I am printing out responses so far. They have added more dimension that I can reflect upon at my leisure.

cirom

Hey !!! all this talk about liking the critters in this deck, does that include me? Cos usually I'm not too popular with humans :)

cirom

Don't be dumb, of course they don't like you..... but I do, so don't run away......lets PLAY

lunakasha

LOL Ciro!!! :laugh:

Believe it or not, this is one human who is rather fond of rodents (well except maybe for RATS!!! :eek: ) I had a pet hamster once that was very smart and TOOO cute!!! :p

And the cat you showed us looks almost identical to my cat Murphy (except mine is slightly lighter in color, more beige than orange). Have you done any black-and-white tuxedo cats??? Those cats are CRAZY!!! :p

:D Luna

dolphinprincess

lunakasha said:
Believe it or not, this is one human who is rather fond of rodents

ME 2!!!! I have two guinea pigs... :D :D and I love them like crazy!!

That picture is great !!