Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

tarotbear

Comment from Grouchy TB - flipping back and forth between the two threads just now already has people posting something in one or the other. Suggestion - Thread that lists who is doing which card/cards be ONLY for that - locked down if necessary - and ALL discussions about ins-and-outs be conducted here instead ... :)

***ETA***

Was just bounced out and came back in - WAIT - the discussion thread is in one forum and the creation thread is in another forum? Won't that get confusing?

gregory

I rather agree. That's why I'm avoiding posting much in either one !

tarotbear

<<<Raising hand>>>

The point - and strength - of a collaboration is to get as many different people involved in it as possible to get as many different viewpoints and interpretations as you can into the mix.

You have all seen my work - I do cartoony-sketchy illustrations. I will gladly do as many cards as fall by the wayside as you might want to get the project finished because sometimes there are cards NO ONE wants to do. BUT-

Any concept of deadlines - the holiday season is almost upon us ~! :eek:

Will we need to come up with LWB descriptions for our artwork? :eek: :eek:

gregory

Will we need to come up with LWB descriptions for our artwork? :eek: :eek:
Yes, IMNVHO. We always did before, and I think it's quite important.

But I'm not doing anything till it is less confusing and the size / ratio of the card is sorted. I don't want to waste my efforts ! (The others were to be ATC sized cards as I recall, not that I remember what that WAS...)

wooden-eye

Firstly... Yippee!

Next, just a couple of thoughts for the final product;

Could one of the lovely App chaps who regularly visit here, (pokes Jason Lion and AceofStars and runs away) be enticed by the AT deck?

An undertaking and feat of organisation, but might a simple kick-starter campaign be possibility? Just offering copies of the deck and no further complex reward structure.

Another thing which would be great to nail down is whether minors should be fully illustrated aka RWS or is the deck to be a true and real eclectic tarot mash-up?

I am definitely wanting to make a card and am right now heading to other thread to see if I missed "Strength". Fingers crossed!

Gulliver

Welcome to the team, Flames! :heart:

Cool, Tartbear, thanks for participating!

All others too! Please, could someone who is experienced make a suggestion for the size?
I thought, maybe until the end of March as a time frame? That would be six months, enough time?

Sorry for being short...here it is late now.

trzes

Bedtime for me too. Just to say: I always wished for a thing like that on AT. I'd love to be part of it.

Gulliver

Hi wooden-eye, that would be wonderful to have you on board! Would you be willing to organise the Kickstarter thing? How bold of me. :D

I think, minors should be illustrated too.

@all: I didn't know, if we will be enough creators, so I separated the search for creators.

Alta

Just let me know how you want the thread or threads arranged, and I'll set it up for you.

Alta

wooden-eye

Ahh Gulliver,
I am afraid your boldness can not be rewarded, though I do admire it greatly.
I am utterly untech savvy and paint with brushes on canvas and write with pens on paper.
Organising a Kick Starter campaign would surely take me to an early grave and render my children motherless; leaving my husband with the daunting task of having 'that' talk with 2 girls about to enter their teens. I simply could not do this to them.
Still it might work if someone wants to take it on.