The Book of the Law Study Group 2.13

Lore347

Hmm, this seems to be a continuation of the theme of the true relationship of A.C., Aiwass and Had.

Aeon418

Not just A.C. It relates to all of us in exactly the same way.

This is illustrated on the Tree of Life diagram where the Abyss lays between the Supernal triad and the rest of the Tree. Your normal conscious mind does not reach the Supernals, and is totally unaware of their existence under normal circumstances. It really is the "me in Thee which thou knewest not."

We're back to the legend of the Fall again. (But minus the moralising tripe and fig leaves. ;))

Grigori

Lore347 said:
Hmm, this seems to be a continuation of the theme of the true relationship of A.C., Aiwass and Had.

Aeon418 said:
Not just A.C. It relates to all of us in exactly the same way.

It's funny cause when I read Lore's saying there is a relationship between Crowley and Had I immediately felt jealous and thought "No, he's my Had!" :laugh: Crowley can have his Aiwass, but keep your hands of my Had :D

Interesting how different some lines appear if you personalize them, or try to see them from Crowley's perspective.

Aeon418

similia said:
Crowley can have his Aiwass, but keep your hands of my Had
But Aiwass is both personal to Crowley and general to all in that he is both 93 and 418.

Also it's worth remembering why Crowley chose to use the term "HGA". Unlike conventional religion, that preaches a one-size-fits-all view of deity, the doctrine of the HGA recognises that we all have a different perspective. The "face" that Deity reveals to me will naturally be different to what you see and experience. But the same "source" is behind both.

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
But Aiwass is both personal to Crowley and general to all in that he is both 93 and 418.

Also it's worth remembering why Crowley chose to use the term "HGA". Unlike conventional religion, that preaches a one-size-fits-all view of deity, the doctrine of the HGA recognises that we all have a different perspective. The "face" that Deity reveals to me will naturally be different to what you see and experience. But the same "source" is behind both.

There's something about this that makes we want to ask a question, but I can't quite work out what the question is, let alone how to articulate it :| I'm wondering about the relationship between each individuals perception (face) of deity, and the progression/definition of a group current that defines an Aeon. Is the Aeon only our own evolution in terms of ability to relate to deity, or is deity developing also? Or just its 'faces".

It doesn't sound like it, but there is a question in there....

Aeon418

similia said:
Is the Aeon only our own evolution in terms of ability to relate to deity, or is deity developing also? Or just its 'faces".
Deity developing? It's more like our perception of deity develops as we do. The wider your horizons become, the more you are capable of seeing.
The evolution of humanity and the progressive revelation of deity go hand in hand.

Edit: How apt that the card attributed to the letter of revelation, Heh(Window), should change to the Star. ;)

ravenest

similia said:
Is the Aeon only our own evolution in terms of ability to relate to deity, or is deity developing also? Or just its 'faces".

It doesn't sound like it, but there is a question in there....

I think 'intelligence' is also at issue. Not our intellegence but ilntelligence itself, regardless of how its manifesting.

I'm not going to go all Mayan calender on you guys but that is one explaination of how the increasing cycles work.

It took so many millions of years for 'intelligence' (or deity if you will) to develop cellular conciousness, then a lot less time to develop multicellular conciousness. The progression goes on and gets shorter each time untill the human brain seemed the highest expression but now this is no longer capible of rationally containing the evolution of conciousness. But computers can now - we are going into electronic conciousness.

2012 is when the progression catches up with itself, the rising line becomes vertical.

What does that mean. . . . I have no idea.

But back to S's 'question' I beleive all sorts of things are developing within the context of each Aeon not just people and their ideas.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
The progression goes on and gets shorter each time untill the human brain seemed the highest expression but now this is no longer capible of rationally containing the evolution of conciousness.
While I don't agree with you on the electronic bit, I do agree that the evolution of "rational consciousness" has peaked. As a species we're probably as intellectually smart as we're ever going to get. Wasn't that the point of the Aeon of Osiris? The development of the human Ruach(Osiris) by the supression of the Nephesch(Isis).

But the next step is symbolised by Atu 11. The Nephesch, illuminated by Neschamah, rides the Ruach. ;)

thorhammer

My rational consciousness must be behind your respective ones, coz I got nothin' on that.

However, on the topic of the verse itself . . . I picked up my Magick Without Tears again a day or so ago, and flicked to Chapter L: AC and the "Masters": Why They Chose Him, etc. In it, for those who've not read it, Crowley seems to be humourously self-flagellating regarding his reaction to Aiwass during the reception of the Book. He references II:10-11 then goes on to say:
Crowley said:
To interrupt the dictation of a supremely important document, merely to jeer at the impotent resentment of the luckless scribe! It seemed to me downright ungenerous, the spirit of the triumphant schoolboy bully!
To me, the verses from 10 to 13 seem to be no more than this same bullying - or humour. And it's only really funny if you assume that the dictating intelligence is not subject to the same ego problems that we are . . . conversely, it's only bullying if the "luckless scribe" is still held in thrall by his ego.

\m/ Kat