Thoth Tarot,Whats the diffrence in Blue and Green box??

missy

fyreflye said:
And you'll have to order the blue box from a European source for the same reason. Unless you can buy/trade for it on this forum.

Actually, it can be obtained in the U.S.: http://www.tarobearslair.com/ in the U.S. sells the Blue Box Thoth, all sizes, but for considerably more than http://www.tarotchest.co.uk/ in the UK, including shipping, to the U.S.

tarobearslair has indicated it does not have any distribution problems with the Thoth. This is on another thread which I can't track down at the moment. The seller herself posted this. But the best price, as I am posting this, is through Tarot Chest in the UK (including shipping).

Lillie

The definition of a greenie.

Decks printed by USG between 78 and about 2000

They are the large size, they came in white OTO boxes, the backs were printed right to the edge, they have a red and black UH and a OTO card.

The borders on the fronts of the cards and the pictures themselves all have a green tint, sometimes to a greater or a lesser degree.

Some are very green, some are green and washed out, almost pastelly. Others are hardly green at all.
I have one which is not green at all, but it is from the era of greenie decks and conforms to the 'greenie' model in every respect other than it's greeness (or lack there of).
I have another one which is a pastelly green. Almost like puss on some cards.
Greenies are a strange and wonderful thing, but shouldn't be trimmed because of the cross on the backs.

Also Weiser? Can someone tell me if greenies also came in 2 of discs weiser boxes.
I don't know about that.
I have only owned the white box ones.

gregory

Lillie said:
Also Weiser? Can someone tell me if greenies also came in 2 of discs weiser boxes.
I don't know about that.
I have only owned the white box ones.
I'm not sure which box you mean... I have one in a fold out box, rather than a two parter....

But a VERY FEW greenies made it out in USG green boxes. VERY VERY few indeed.

nisaba

I think Lillie means the box-design, a fold-out (or slip-in, depending on who you are apparently) with an image on the front of the two yin-yang symbols surrounded by a snake in the shape of a lemniscate that appears on the Two Discs.

Freddie

Hi,

I saw both of these in the large vesrion AGM blue box..US Games green box. Us Games version looked paler and more pastel coloured, but some say they are exactly the same deck made by AGM in both boxes.

I have a large blue box on the way.

Freddie