Grigori

thorhammer said:
You're a cruel man, ravenest.

\m/ Kat

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! :laugh:

Yygdrasilian

the 'other' method

tiripou said:
I only learned recently that there are two basic approaches to tarot and I'd like to learn a little about the Thoth-based approach.

Since I'm not attracted to the imagery of the Thoth deck (or Liber-T or Via), is there an article on this site that explains the differences between the Thoth and Rider systems?

Alternatively, would the LWB for one of the Thoth-inspired decks help me understand the Thoth system?

Thanks so much,
tiripou

There are certain mathematical ‘facts’ concerning the harmonics of acoustic space which persist regardless of creed, color, or chronology. Preserved in the numerological artifice called Tarot is an approach to tuning and temperament that is characteristically Pythagorean - in spirit (at least) if not origin. The structural parallels between Qabalah and Tarot may be due, in no small measure, to their mutual systems’ basis in the mathematics pertaining to this application of ‘music theory’ as used to demonstrate how specific planetary cycles can represent rational approximations for irrational numbers - numbers which are also understood as proportions inherent to the dimensions of specific regular solids and polygons.

Crowley’s attributions of number:letter:symbol:glyph comprise a cipher-text for reconstructing this system that is decrypted through partitioning the Tarot deck by digital root. The subdivisions thereof are posed as ‘puzzle pieces’ embedded with the necessary information for retrieving the architectural blueprints of the whole.

The distinguishing feature to this variant of the cipher-text is the Crowley/Aiwass’ transposition of the Hebrew letters Tzaddi & Heh - a shuffle which restores symmetry to the zodiac wheel by balancing the traditional swap between the Tarot trumps depicting Leo & Libra. In so doing, Crowley draws attention to how the essential dignities of Babylonian astrology may also serve as a guide for retrieving this timeless Hermetic TooL.