Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Enochian Magick

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot


 
ravenest's Avatar
ravenest  ravenest is offline
ravenator
 
Join Date: 02 Feb 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 13,835
ravenest 

Its all based on ' 4 square' formula of 'elemental' forces so much will be in divisons or sub sets of 4. There are some 10 set ToL patterns, and asto attributions run trough as well in 7 / 12 cycle.

Sound complex ? Of course it SOUNDS complex ... but as I have said a few times (and others , even DuQuette and ( I think A C in Liver Aba ) ;

Just start drawing up your own squares and tablets ( by instructions ) and you will see it and see WHY it was all set up that way ... its a logical 'natural' construct with internal self consistent laws ... it isnt some made up wacky magical system .... well, it is .... but it is internally self consistent and follows its own logic ... that is essential for any VALID magical system.

You wont get that from looking at the seal or the table. But all this stuff is modern GD accretions.

Think of TEX like a tarot court .... lets say Q of S She is air if there is a ruler of air, it is the 4 courts , the Q of S is 'water of air' If we had a tarot 'King of Air', 'under' him would be the 4 elemental courts or servitors .... or his 4 ways of 'getting things done .

< shrug > its A way of doing things .... the Sufis say 'look at a thing in 7 ways to understand it ( pretty common, that is the planetary model ) 12 ways - astrological model, 10 / 22 ToL - model, 64 - I Ching and so on .


Reformed and original tables ...... here we go ! Its contentious ! CLASSICAL Enochian SCHOLARS are big on this, they get into the original stuff quiet heavily and poo poo the later versions ..... I have one of their books .... Mhe ... its a bit dated for me .

I can put you on to a friend if you want to go down that path , she sells supplies, books .... does classes ..... she is pretty rad ! ( a great person .... and she weilds this amazing Bagua sword

( well, a woman that does mad=gic and 'plays' with swords ..... thats my kind of gal !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2akL7S5Y98 .... this isnt her , but she does this classic form ... mute sound ( why do youtube clippers always add bad or overly dramatic music ?

Books, supplies, ready made goodies ( a la Enochian ) talismans jewelry, info, etc.

http://www.enochian.org/tools.shtml
Top   #51
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
Just start drawing up your own squares and tablets ( by instructions ) and you will see it and see WHY it was all set up that way ... its a logical 'natural' construct with internal self consistent laws ... it isnt some made up wacky magical system .... well, it is .... but it is internally self consistent and follows its own logic ... that is essential for any VALID magical system.

You wont get that from looking at the seal or the table. But all this stuff is modern GD accretions.
I read something from an interesting blog that I can't find again, suggesting that the Enochian magic, letters and words, could be regarded as 'forces'. A consistent system or framework would give as it were a form then for things that might not in themselves have an actual form. I am not very practical myself, though creating your own squares and tables seems an even more solid form in 3d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
Reformed and original tables ...... here we go ! Its contentious ! CLASSICAL Enochian SCHOLARS are big on this, they get into the original stuff quiet heavily and poo poo the later versions ..... I have one of their books .... Mhe ... its a bit dated for me .
trust me to mention that then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2akL7S5Y98 .... this isnt her , but she does this classic form ... mute sound ( why do youtube clippers always add bad or overly dramatic music ?
wow! that sword looks lethal, the curved bit looks like it would take your head off easily!
Top   #52
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 

~deleted~
Top   #53
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
Its all based on ' 4 square' formula of 'elemental' forces so much will be in divisons or sub sets of 4. There are some 10 set ToL patterns, and asto attributions run trough as well in 7 / 12 cycle.

Think of TEX like a tarot court .... lets say Q of S She is air if there is a ruler of air, it is the 4 courts , the Q of S is 'water of air' If we had a tarot 'King of Air', 'under' him would be the 4 elemental courts or servitors .... or his 4 ways of 'getting things done .

< shrug > its A way of doing things .... the Sufis say 'look at a thing in 7 ways to understand it ( pretty common, that is the planetary model ) 12 ways - astrological model, 10 / 22 ToL - model, 64 - I Ching and so on .
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions Ravenest, sorry for not mentioning that before, I wasn't quite following and then forgot...

(Eta ehhh... That sounds rude. Not what I intended-I was a bit taken aback by some dream imagery, not sleeping well and muddled thinking)
Top   #54
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

...As I just curiously bumped into this thread:

"John Dee's Enochain Magic" - by Emma Doeve
At Treadwell's Bookshop, London Bloomsbury, December 5th, 8 for the hour.
https://www.treadwells-london.com/ev...nochian-magic/

Baby steps taster for me. Lol.
Top   #55
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
...As I just curiously bumped into this thread:

"John Dee's Enochain Magic" - by Emma Doeve
At Treadwell's Bookshop, London Bloomsbury, December 5th, 8 for the hour.
https://www.treadwells-london.com/ev...nochian-magic/

Baby steps taster for me. Lol.
ahhh...hope you enjoy it don't mind me and my dream melodramas it is a fascinating area especially with John Dee's background at the court of Elizabeth. I'm convinced (without evidence) that the letters and planchette that him and Kelly used were the forerunners of the Ouija board...
Top   #56




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.