Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

The Original RWS - Pam C, rose and lily backs

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith

Citizen

feynrir 
The Original RWS - Pam C, rose and lily backs

For the first time, I was able to check this deck out in person yesterday in a local metaphysical shop. I think I'm in love, and plan on buying it today despite my budget.

What are everyone else's opinions on this version of the beloved Rider Waite Smith, particularly now that the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative deck seems to have eclipsed it as the ready-made "vintage" RWS?

The card that keeps haunting me from this deck is the Judgment card--the archangel's wide eyes are glorious and just weird enough to have captivated me right away. It also reminds me of a random character of popular culture from my past...I digress

ETA: Decided against getting the deck for now; trying to be grateful for the PCS Commemorative that I have instead! Maybe if I find a cheaper copy in the future...
Top   #1
student of tarot

rwcarter 

Printings do matter with this deck. There are Belgium, Italy and China printings. I know we've discussed this before. Let me see if I can find the thread.

Rodney

ETA:
Original Rider Waite Tarot Pack?
Top   #2
Citizen

feynrir 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
Printings do matter with this deck. There are Belgium, Italy and China printings. I know we've discussed this before. Let me see if I can find the thread.

Rodney

ETA:
Original Rider Waite Tarot Pack?
Thank you, that thread IS very helpful!
Top   #3

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.