Abandoned twice by the Fae!!

caridwen

Mischevious as they are, I didn't expect the Fae to jump ship and abandon me!:(

I have lost two Fae decks. One disapeared in transit when I moved countries and the other just vanished card by card. I only have one card left!

Has this happened to anyone else? Don't the fae like me? :(

thorhammer

caridwen said:
Mischevious as they are, I didn't expect the Fae to jump ship and abandon me!:(

I have lost two Fae decks. One disapeared in transit when I moved countries and the other just vanished card by card. I only have one card left!

Has this happened to anyone else? Don't the fae like me? :(
That is WEIRD. Not so much the one going missing in transit - dude, that's just normal! - but the card-by-card . . . a child? A pet? A mischievous housemate or partner?

That is terribly odd . . .

\m/ Kat

Onyx

actually . . .yes

It was strange how my first deck came into my possession. I was at a book store and found it in a sale bin marked to like $5. I was just, just barely getting back into tarot at the time say five years ago.

I got it but I didn't get it. Still too rigid and unsure of myself I think. But at some point the deck just disappeared. I am pretty organized with my decks so I have them all in one place or in storage together. This one just went away.

So a couple of years a go I had to buy the deck all over again and at full price. I can only hope that they found someone else to play with who will appreciate them.

Onyx.

AJ

The fey make their own world where ever they are and you adapt. So to lose one card after another I'd have to lay money that someone is yanking your chain, someone human.

Or, and this is said with all kindness; I live with my FIL's dementia 24 hours a day. Have you lost anything else?

caridwen

AJ said:
The fey make their own world where ever they are and you adapt. So to lose one card after another I'd have to lay money that someone is yanking your chain, someone human.

Or, and this is said with all kindness; I live with my FIL's dementia 24 hours a day. Have you lost anything else?

:p

Hey!! I take umbrage!!:D

Well not literally one by one but they have all gone and oddly enough (I kid you not) I only have The Green Woman left!!

Seriously, no one is yanking my chain and I live by myself. They have all gone! I am amazingly careless with my cards - even the really expensive rare decks - I find them all over the place but two decks?

To tell you the truth I wasn't that keen on the fae:shhh:

Chronata

caridwen said:

To tell you the truth I wasn't that keen on the fae:shhh:

I suspect they knew it...and moved on to others they could help!

I love that you still have the Green Woman however! She's your connection to the fae, and probably the only one you need right now!

She will help guide you through the Otherworld if that is what you still desire...otherwise she's just a great connection to the Wild and Green!

The fae like to move things and nick stuff in my home. They did this to me all this month...stealing my tools, because they thought it was funny.

You know...there is always the possibility you may find them again...one card at a time!

tarotlaura

Oh yes I agree! The Fae are forever mischievous! I really try not to get careless with my cards as I have children. My two older boys know that they are not to play with them but my two year old is always stealing my Faeries' deck and tossing them about the living room and then I have faerie's everywhere that I am trying to find and put back into place...and I don't think they like being stuck in their place for too long.
But that is just really odd that you have only one card left. But maybe like Chronata said, who knows you just might find them again...one by one too.

-laura

AJ

caridwen said:

Hey!! I take umbrage!!:D

I am amazingly careless with my cards - even the really expensive rare decks - I find them all over the place but two decks?
:

Ahh..there is the key. If you move, most of them will turn up in books, magazines, behind stuff, down the sides of furniture.

I find some of the weirdest stuff left in the fridge because my mind is always elsewhere when I'm supposed to be cooking.

ellirhyn

My issue is with keys. I thank the Gods for Ilbe the Retriever, he has helped me find my keys more times than. . .well, yeah. :D
I'm of the mind that yes, the Fae knew you didn't really "like" or " need" them, per se, so they just took off. The Green Woman is a good connection card, she's a great reminder that we're part of this earth and to appreciate all others (not just human) that are stuck here together in this realm.
The best quote ever given to me via the Fae: "Humans seem to appreciate the rare and unusual. Perhaps if humans were more rare, they'd all appreciate each other a little bit more!"

I bet you'll find a card here or there, but probably not the whole deck. Here's a question for you to think about now. . . Do you miss them?

MsRubyRain

Maybe you could ask for them back and offer them something in exchange? If you don't like the cards, then maybe tell them you will find them a good home. It's worth a shot.