Fairy Tale (Lisa Hunt) - VII - The Enchanted Horse (The Chariot)

keeks

An initial description:
A woman and a man ride a horse. The woman is slender and dressed from head to toe in a flowing blue outfit. Her head scarf has a gold weave, and a jewel. Her top is a dark blue, her belt purple, and her outfit light blue. Her shoes are dark blue. The man has a red and white striped head wrap with a white feather, along with a mustache. He has a white shirt and white genie pants on with a red vest and patterned sash. His shoes are pointed and tan. The woman is holding onto him while he holds onto the reigns of the horse. The reign has two feathers strung on it. The horse is white, with one braid plaited in his mane, and his tail plaited into three braids. The horse is flying, and below him, a cloud is shaped like a snake on the left, and a mountain with a sad face on the right. Between the two are a city. The city has a stone path that leads to a temple on the mountain. On the right side of it is a church or palace. On the left are houses in the sky, with persian architecture.

Preliminary meanings:
The woman seems afraid, while the man is confident. The horse represents good fortune and adventure; a way away from the snake. The city seems to be a right and colorful place with joy, while the mountain is sad and solemn.

The basic fairy tale from once upon a fairy tale: (The Enchanted Horse)
A young man tries to sell the Persian king a magic flying horse in exchange for his daughter. The prince takes the horse and the boy is imprisoned until his return. The prince flies to a palace and stays with the princess of benegal, who comes home with him. The boy is set free, and steals the horse and the benegal princess. He wants to marry her and she pretends to be mad/crazy, then the persian prince pretends to be a doctor and wants the horse burned as a cure. Then he jumps on the horse with her, and they escape.

personal significance:
The chariot signifies freedom and change. The persian prince was lucky, and achieved the thing he wanted- the benegal princess.

book symbolism, etc:
The horse represents the psyche. The palace is knowledge. Take action and let go of fear. Don't become distracted.

variations of the Enchanted Horse:
I searched and found other enchanted horse tales, but none like this one. This one is from the Arabian Nights.

Traditional meanings of the Chariot (From Gray's book):
Victory. The chariot is the human personality. It represents rest and victory, self-discipline and stability. It's only the middle of the path, and is success over nature and enemies. You will achieve greatness. Mental and physical powers equal fulfillment. Reversed is restlessness and desire for change.

Parallels:
There are none.

The Chariot (From Journey of the hero):
The hero has become a savior. The hero is connected to higher things. He comes from heaven to earth. This is a break from the paradise of childhood, and the entrance into the world of duality where consciousness develops. There are 4 stages that the tarot follows on the journey: the first is cards I-VI, and represents childhood. The second is VI-XII, the departure and adulthood. The third is XIII-XVIII, which is the initiation process. The fourth is XIX-XXI, the goal and rebirth. This archetype is the departure, and also is a risk. It is a great leap forward that may lead to arrogance if one is not careful.

Related to Chariot:
The prince in the enchanted horse is arrogant and takes a leap in riding the magic horse. Following the savior motif, he comes to Persia from the heavens, leaving behind his childhood and past.

Meditation/writing jump off:
I cling tightly to my prince, astride his magical horse. We sail across the clear blue sky, the mournful earth below us. I leave behind the home of my childhood. Uncertain yet confident, I look forward, excitedly beginning this stage of my journey.