Encyclopedia of Tarot

Debra

Exactly.

Le Pendu and others do the work while I play with the cats. Perfect division of labor.

6 Haunted Days

I have all 4 and just looove browsing through them. Always a major treat and very enabling. I just the other day came across one deck....The Granny tarot or some such. From Australia...I must have it!

They're amazing books to have and a great "pick up and scan" books to have about. Well worth the $$.

Abrac

VGimlet said:
I finally broke down and got these books, after having them on my wish list for years. :D
Sounds good. I bought all four volumes a couple of years ago. I wasn't sure if I would ever need them but wanted to have them on hand just in case. It turns out I use them all the time and they have proven to be an invaluable resource.

VGimlet

I have come to the conclusion that these books are evil!
My wanted list of rare, out of print and expensive decks has doubled, and I'm just starting volume 2. :p

Even worse, I'm starting to develop an interest in older engraved decks. This does not bode well for my bank account, LOL.

gregory

VGimlet said:
I have come to the conclusion that these books are evil!
My wanted list of rare, out of print and expensive decks has doubled, and I'm just starting volume 2. :p

Even worse, I'm starting to develop an interest in older engraved decks. This does not bode well for my bank account, LOL.
Don't worry. I have all four volumes - and the decks I crave in there are - NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.
So I just drool, but it affects my Visa not one iota !

HearthCricket

They are quite the enablers! My own collection has grown in leaps and bound because of them, but it also has prevented me from getting other decks because I was able to see more cards and realize it wasn't quite for me, or one card really turned me off. It is interesting to browse through it, come across a deck you really like and then realize you already have it, but it just looks so different in black and white!

Le Fanu

I have Volume 1 from when it first came out and I see that Volume 4 is on amazon, but where can Volumes 2 and 3 be found? Are they OOP or massively expensive somewhere? I love the volume I have, but it isnt enough....

VGimlet

They aren't out of print - I think Amazon.com still has them, as does Tarot Garden. You might even be able to find used copies.

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
I have Volume 1 from when it first came out and I see that Volume 4 is on amazon, but where can Volumes 2 and 3 be found? Are they OOP or massively expensive somewhere? I love the volume I have, but it isnt enough....
I see copies on (US) eBay all the time, but that might not help you since you're in Portugal and I'm guessing the shipping charges for that heavy a book would be quite expensive.

Rodney