Visconti - anyone interested in studying in?

MystiqueMoonlight

I'm still waiting for the arrival of my deck... it seems the place I ordered from don't keep a handle on customer orders so it went the wayside :(

Hopefully I will have it soon....

wizzle

I'm in assuming I can ever find the deck again after packing it up. Sheesh.

MystiqueMoonlight

Finally my deck arrived :)

So are we ready to begin a study group? How should we conduct it?

firecatpickles

I'm in, too. I have mine as well. How do we do this?

K:spade:K

firecatpickles

I am answering my own question: Moonbow* or Sulis could create a heading in Individual Deck Studies by adding a Forum Entitled "Visconti." There we can post threads at our leisure.

I suggest we start by studying those (annoying) extra court cards.) These are the most fascinating IMHO, and they add so much to a reading. This is also the reason many shy away from reading with this deck...

K:spade:K

jackdaw*

I'd be very interested, especially in the Cary-Yale's extra Court cards, and the three virtues that replace the Papess, Pope and Star.

But we all seem to be on different pages. Some of us are talking about the Cary-Yale, and others about the Visconti-Sforza. We will have to pin down which one, or sort out the confusion when discussing each card in particular if we are covering both.

And for those who are bothered by the figure of Strength in the Visconti-Sforza, I can recommend the Cary-Yale's version, which is closer to the Marseille. See http://www.tarot.org.il/Cary Yale/

le pendu

I'd like to join in, but am afraid my posts would be pretty oriented towards the historical aspects of the cards... would that be alright?

QueenofPentacles is right, we're discussing two different decks in this thread the Visconti Sforza and the Cary-Yale Visconti... but I think it would be interesting to compare the cards in the two decks anyways.. sometimes there are very interesting differences.

jackdaw*

Personally, I'd like to see some of that, le pendu. So of course it's "all right" with me :)