Tarot Bible

maszat

recently bought it....

and I like it very much. The card descriptions are clear and to the point and have a "blockage" description which can be very handy. Also I was interested in the many spreads that are listed.

I have the Crystal Bible and always wondered too whether they would produce a Tarot one. I am glad the book is out and I think it will be a good guide for beginners.

Tarotwytch

I have the Crystal Bible and refer to it frequently.
I also bought the Tarot Bible a few days ago and so far have only looked at it briefly but it seems excellent - not just for beginners, I thought.

martyn_uk

:)

It's a really good book.

it gives a fresh interpretation to many of the cards which does make a nice refreshing change.

the spread section is very useful too :)

although aimed at beginners, it's suitable for experienced readers also.

Shade

martyn_uk said:
although aimed at beginners, it's suitable for experienced readers also.

That was the question on my mind about this one. It seems quite thorough but I had wondered if it had all been done before. What about this will appeal to those of us who have seen the lists of card descriptions before?

Cerulean

Only colored pictures and interpretative spreads

To be honest, Shade and others, if you have a RWS-similar deck like the LS Secrets already imprinted in your mind, I think you are as happy without it. But me, I've got so many different deck imprints--and so many other things jumping in and out of my mind--the colored pictures are an-instant-attention-getter.

I'd say first and foremost for me, it's a pretty flip book of inspiration and I'm glad for the colors and variety in the book.

1. Colored pictures of the Lo Scarabeo Universal Tarot in detailed format--I think the cards have separate pages. But if you don't like the the Lo Scarabeo version of the Rider Waite, I doubt you would like the book.

2. A few Crystals Tarot colored pictures from Lo Scarabeo and actually a few exercises where these pictures seem quite relevant to the exercise recommended. To be honest, you'd have to go through the book and see for yourself if that is relevant to you. Because I really like the Crystals Tarot's use of pips, it's relevant to me.

3. The descriptions in a sample reading of card-by-card of interpretive spreads and suggested layouts were good for me. I wanted to compare my reactions in terms of a using the same cards from a few different decks--but I was interested in exploring the pretty LS Manga Tarot in depth and comparing the pictures with the book illustrations. I think I'll find it fun comparing it also with the LS Lenormand and Universal Fantasy, knowing that I didn't need a different Rider-Waite-style deck handy with this book.

Hope this explains my ideas better.

Regards,

Cerulean

a_shikhs

I went to a local bookstore today where I saw this book. It looked quite interesting. I have the Crystal Bible and really like the detailed information on each crystal. So how is the Tarot Bible? I dont have any tarot books and thought I'd buy this one. Does it have good tarot information? Thanks. :)

sweet_intuition

It's not what I'd call a Bible, but for someone new to tarot it contains some good valuable information. Nothing really indepth, more like a brief skim-through every tarot related subject.

Little Hare

I have this book and i actually really like it, which is surprising considering i threw all my tarot books out years ago, what i like about the book and its interpretations is that even though they may be short, you can still apply them to your life and also use intuition to flesh out the bigger picture...

I'd say its worth the buy :D

jmd

[moderating note]

I have merged the two threads together - the above three posts were originally a separate thread.

jmd

a_shikhs

Thanks jmd. :) I think I should buy this book, the next time I visit that bookstore. My very first tarot book. Yippee!!! :D