Morgan Greer, glossy Italian printing

olivia1

hi all, i have a a question: what does the box for the glossy italian printing look like? all the boxes ive seen look pretty similar. I am thinking of just ordering directly from amazon and buying the newest one with the print date of March 2012 and hoping its the glossy one

Le Fanu

Queen of Swords on one side and (I think) Chariot on the other. Older editions have the 8 of Cups and the Chariot

Chiriku

Although that description is correct, unfortunately, one cannot tell which printing is which based on the picture of the box on Amazon. A few months ago in April, I bought one from Amazon.com, hoping for the glossy one (I already had a matte one from the 90s) and I received a silky-matte-ish (not super-matte, but certainly not glossy) one. It was actually quite nice, but I didn't need another matte-ish one, so I traded with someone for their glossy, which had also been bought in the U.S. (I don't know where) fairly recently.

Olivia1, it's quite possible that the one Amazon send you will be silky-matte like the one I received I few months back. If you don't have money to spare for return shipments and so forth, your best bet is to put an advertisement in the Trading Forum here or on a collectors' site seeking a glossy printing.

olivia1

Queen of Swords on one side and (I think) Chariot on the other. Older editions have the 8 of Cups and the Chariot

that's the same box as the matte version i have :(

Although that description is correct, unfortunately, one cannot tell which printing is which based on the picture of the box on Amazon. A few months ago in April, I bought one from Amazon.com, hoping for the glossy one (I already had a matte one from the 90s) and I received a silky-matte-ish (not super-matte, but certainly not glossy) one. It was actually quite nice, but I didn't need another matte-ish one, so I traded with someone for their glossy, which had also been bought in the U.S. (I don't know where) fairly recently.

i know! that is what happened that last time I tried to buy a MG..I bought one new from Amazon and they sent a matte one!

Olivia1, it's quite possible that the one Amazon send you will be silky-matte like the one I received I few months back. If you don't have money to spare for return shipments and so forth, your best bet is to put an advertisement in the Trading Forum here or on a collectors' site seeking a glossy printing.

thanks, I did and MadameSquee hooked it up :)

QofWands

Mg

I just bought my MG from Amazon about a month and a half ago... glossy finish, printed in Itality... actually I have the slipperyness of the cards a bit annoying I have had more than one client dump them on the floor because they are so slippery.

missy

I just bought my MG from Amazon about a month and a half ago... glossy finish, printed in Itality... actually I have the slipperyness of the cards a bit annoying I have had more than one client dump them on the floor because they are so slippery.

I wonder if it's just chance whether one gets the Italian printing. Sounds like it from what everyone is saying.

You ordered from Amazon, then, and not through the Amazon "marketplace"?

missy

An ISBN # could tell us which printing it is.

On Amazon, they are listing the ISBN # for the current edition as 978-0913866917 ... so without seeing the boxes, (can anyone verify?) that could be the China printing.

My Deviant Moon China printing and Italian printings have two different ISBN #s. (U.S. Games).

It could be a matter of checking the Italian Morgan Greer box for an ISBN #.

I'm thinking they might differ ...

WhiteWolfy

I would love a glossy Morgan Greer so if anyone can verify the ISBN number so i definitely get the glossy version i would be happy and grateful :)

Chiriku

ISBN of glossy

missy and WhiteWolfy,

The ISBNs on the box of the glossy one I have (that I acquired this year by trading someone the new matte one I bought from Amazon.com, not a Marketplace seller) are as follow:

Bottom Flap:
ISBN-13:978-0-913866-91-7
ISBN-10:0-913866-91-1
Copyright 1979, 2004 US Games Systems, Inc.

Top Flap:
ISBN 0-913866-91-1
Printed in Italy

Front Cover: Queen of Swords
Back Cover: The Chariot
Spines: purple

WhiteWolfy

Thanks Chiriku for the info - i will now investigate :)