The Dark Angels Tarot

missy

Can someone discuss the reasoning behind the art on the card backs?

I LOVE the cards I've seen so far.

But the backs are a bit of a mystery (and a bit creepy!). They don't seem related to dark angels. Am I missing something?

Thanks! :D

gregory

Shadow - mask. Feather - from no longer functional wings ? Wild guess and that.....

missy

I had thought of a mask, but it looks more metal, like a Cyborg. Maybe I've been watching too much Caprica on SyFy. :D

The feather could have been shed from a fallen angel's wing, perhaps.

ETA: Feather Symbolism as a starting point.

Shade

I've never been one for angels, personally, but first the Winged Spirit made it into my collection and now this one will definitely follow.

So... complete angel rookie here... dark angels are quite a bit different from demons... right? And they aren't exactly Nephilim either. Anyone have pointers on what keeps these angels from being like Doreen Virtue angels... besides the keen fashion sense?

Edited to add: As I posted that I looked slightly to the left, saw my avatar, and realized... wow hypocrisy much Shade? In my defense my Avatar is not an angel; it's Lord Azure from the computer game King's Quest V. He and his people are more like Greek demigods than angels. But wings, great physique, white outfit he probably looks like an angel. Maybe I'm just a closet angel admirer and have been lying to myself.

WingspreadPhoenix

Shade said:
I've never been one for angels, personally, but first the Winged Spirit made it into my collection and now this one will definitely follow.

So... complete angel rookie here... dark angels are quite a bit different from demons... right? And they aren't exactly Nephilim either. Anyone have pointers on what keeps these angels from being like Doreen Virtue angels... besides the keen fashion sense?

Edited to add: As I posted that I looked slightly to the left, saw my avatar, and realized... wow hypocrisy much Shade? In my defense my Avatar is not an angel; it's Lord Azure from the computer game King's Quest V. He and his people are more like Greek demigods than angels. But wings, great physique, white outfit he probably looks like an angel. Maybe I'm just a closet angel admirer and have been lying to myself.
I believe I've read before that the dark angels in this deck are angels that decided to accompany humans as the apocalypse begins.

To be honest, I don't think I've heard the term "dark angels" before, only "fallen angels." They don't seem to be the same, though.

WingspreadPhoenix

I've just got my Dark Angels tarot :D I'm trying to be as gentle as possible. It's just SO beautiful! The images I've seen online are nothing compared to the real deal! <333

gregory

EXACTLY !!!!! It is a real wowser !

Aerin

WingspreadPhoenix said:
I've just got my Dark Angels tarot :D I'm trying to be as gentle as possible. It's just SO beautiful! The images I've seen online are nothing compared to the real deal! <333

It's a gentle deck isn't it? When I first heard just the title I thought it would be less beautiful and more... well, raunchy I suppose.

There's a whole other world inside the deck.

Hemera

Aerin said:
It's a gentle deck isn't it? When I first heard just the title I thought it would be less beautiful and more... well, raunchy I suppose.

There's a whole other world inside the deck.
Oh Aerin I have been enabled.. thank you (-I think:bugeyed:)

gregory

You're OK !!!!! You will LOVE it !