"Double deck"

shadowdancer

I do use the New Vision and the Sharman Casselli together as two decks. Bit like shuffling a brick, but the New Vision always jumped out at me as being a deck that would work well if mixed in with a regular RWS. Glad I am not the only one :)

emmsma

Witchy Tarot and Fey Tarot also seem to work well together. I'm having a trimmed deck match-up party here, to see which of the others want to play.

magpie9

I took a tiny Waite-Smith and glued each tiny card on the vica-versa (new vision). It worked pretty well, but was bulky despite putting the little cards in different places on the big. Interesting experiment that gets almost no use! :D

rachelcat

Combining the two decks is really tempting. It would be good to use with a REALLY BIG spread!

So does anyone know if the LS Rider Waite deck is the same size and shape as its regular decks (and thus the New Vision)?

I think the New Vision would match better with a Rider Waite, but I guess I could use the Universal . . .

And I could look through my decks and pick other LS decks that would work well together! Better for the budget!

rachelcat

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but here are some ideas for combined decks. All LS decks because we know they're the same size!

Same theme:

(sex) Decameron and Casanova

(cats) White Cats and Pagan Cats

Same artist:

Lola Airaghi
Tarot of Jane Austen
Tarot of the Pagan Cats

Luigi di Giammarino?
Dream Cards (78 card oracle)
Tarot of Metamorphosis

Anna Lazzarini
Lo Scarabeo Tarot
Manga Tarot (LS)

Antonella Platano
Gay
78 Doors
Universal Goddess
Witchy (aka Hip Witch)
Wheel of the Year

Luca Raimondo
Tarot of Casanova
Olympus Tarot
Pagan Tarot
Zodiac Tarot

Andrea Serio
Dante
Liber T

Hmmm. Looks like a shuffle-a-thon is imminent!

Kangiska

Hi Rachelcat,

The decks don't have the same size, but it was no problem to cut them down .

Nevertheless, I don't really understand the reason of the other 'doubles' you are bringing up.
I am missing the same logic that you can find by mixing the Vice Versa and the RW

Greetings

Kangiska

rwcarter

I used the New Vision instead of the USGames Rider Waite because of the size difference in the cards. The way I cut the cards, I always would've cut at a USG card cause they're wider. But after having handled Shelley and done readings with her, I have other ways to select cards now.

I'm pretty sure the LoS RWS is the same size as all their other decks, so could be used in place of the Universal. (The LoS RW wasn't available when I did my double deck.)

Kangiska, it only just dawned on me that what's called Tarot of the New Vision here in the US is called the Vice Versa Tarot (or something similar) in parts of Europe. Is http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-the-new-vision/index.shtml the deck you're referring to?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I am missing the same logic that you can find by mixing the Vice Versa and the RW
As the thread has morphed into a discussion of what decks folks have used together or would consider using together, rachelcat's post is on-topic.

Kangiska

Hi RW

Even if it is 'on-topic' it doensn't change the FACT that I miss the logic!

Kangiska

rachelcat

No, I agree, the ones on my list probably don't go together as well as the New Vision with the RWS. I guess I was going more for going together visually, rather than theme-wise.

The closest would probably by the Dream Cards and Metamorphosis. I think it would be natural to combine an oracle and a tarot with very similar artwork and a similar visionary, dreamlike take on concepts and archetypes.

The two erotic decks, Decameron and Casanova might also be interesting together. They are both about sex, but the Decameron is very earthy and physical (and sometimes silly!), and the Casanova is more refined and mysterious (masks, costumes, etc.) It would be very interesting if the same cards (for example, 2 of Cups) showed up in a reading, or if cards showed up that depict the same sex act but from their very different points of view! Sorry to go on. I know not everyone is an erotic deck fan, but it got me thinking.

I also think the Witchy and Wheel of the Year would team up to make a more meaningful deck. (Not much meat to either one by themselves, in my opinion.)

Or 78 Doors and Wheel of the Year. Same.

And the Dante and Liber T together would be just mind-blowing! Besides being TOO MUCH meaning probably, it might be a good combination of a Golden Dawn, very systems oriented deck, with a non-standard, literature/theme based deck.