Hidden Sorrows Spread

Flavio

augursWell said:
I think someone who has suffered a trauma of some kind, or a child or young person, might prefer a whimsical type deck for this spread. Others in the "face your fears" mode might use a dark deck. But I didn't have any particular deck in mind when I came up with the spread.

That was a very good point, if you are reading for someone else, maybe they do not need "scary" cards added to a spread like this...

When I suggested using this spread with a dark deck I was thinking in a reading for me, to set the mood for the reading (because I love the playing part of the Tarot) but someone looking for answers about sorrow and pain might need a deck with less dark images.

augursWell

SongDeva said:
[6] Who or what is really Responsible for this.

I have trouble in that I'm literally minded. Can you give an example of how you would interpret a card to understand who it's talking about, if it's a person?
I personally think that in all situations pointed to by card [1] the question of responsibility is very hard to pin down. If it was a crime then the victim may feel that they are to blame when they are actually not. Card [6] is hard to pin down but at the same time is key to what is being looked at in the spread.

So, unfortunately, it depends on the spread and your own judgement in my view. If it was a court card then the querent may see themselves or another person involved in the "event". On one occasion I got the Wands 3 card which I interpreted in that context as being my immature need for adventure -- looking off into the future still hoping to find something. So I guess I would say that card [6] is an "influence" on what really happened, be it a person or an attitude pointed to by the card drawn.

That's why I put it as "Who or What". Perhaps there is a better way to say it that's not so literal?

The goal is to try and offset card [2] "my mistake" (the querent may not have made a mistake at all) and try to look at resolving the whole issue.

augursWell

WolfyJames said:
weird and x years later.
Also known as the "Weird X Years Spread". :D

RedMaple

Readings with the Sorrow spread

I tried this spread with my Morgan Greer deck, about a particular sorrow that's been rearing its head lately in my life. The reading was incredibly accurate and very easy to read. I find the Greer deck very good for deep readings.

I also did a reading with the Crystal Tarot, and got a reading that related to a very different part of my life, one that is recurring insecurity with my creative life. It was also very easy to read, and I felt that the advice it gave on how I deal both positively and negatively was subtle and useful.

I like also the position of "how is it manifesting in your life" being at the center. In the two situations, I got the Tower - wow, devastating revelation, and in the other, the 10 swords - which in the Crystal Tarot is 10 swords pointing toward a center - which I read as the pain forcing me to focus and move beyond. The placement of this card is very helpful, as it is the pivot around which the others move.

Who or What is Responsible: In both readings this card showed the situation that was responsible, which I could then relate to people who played into that situation, and my own responsibility if there was any.

For example: 9 Rods - taking on too much family responsibility - I was the responsible one in my family. This dynamic was set up by my birth order (firstborn girl) and my mother. But I also acquiesced to it. This allows me to take action to change that bit of behavior.

However, I could certainly see situations in which one is not responsible for situation, in fact, there are some "no blame" situations - I wonder if this position would show that?

I didn't find I needed to use a darker deck like the Bosch, (which I find to be grotesque and satirical -- good for political readings :)) I don't think I would reach for one of my lighter decks for this reading, but on the other hand, my Hanson-Roberts has told me some difficult things with a quiet voice. Sometimes for querents especially who come with fears, this can be a good thing. Most of the time my hands just seem to move to the deck that's right for the reading.

Thank you. This is a spread I'm sure I will use often.

RedMaple

augursWell

Re: Readings with the Sorrow spread

RedMaple said:
I like also the position of "how is it manifesting in your life" being at the center. In the two situations, I got the Tower - wow, devastating revelation, and in the other, the 10 swords - which in the Crystal Tarot is 10 swords pointing toward a center - which I read as the pain forcing me to focus and move beyond. The placement of this card is very helpful, as it is the pivot around which the others move.
I like the way you put this, a pivot. I'm a very visually oriented person so I prefer spreads who's shapes also indicate meaning.

The Crystal Tarot card you mention seems to indicate to me that you feel really fenced in, like a "circle the wagons" kind of scenario.

RedMaple

Re: Re: Readings with the Sorrow spread

augursWell said:
I like the way you put this, a pivot. I'm a very visually oriented person so I prefer spreads who's shapes also indicate meaning.

The Crystal Tarot card you mention seems to indicate to me that you feel really fenced in, like a "circle the wagons" kind of scenario.

Yes, I'm visual, too, which is one of the things I liked about your spread.

Yes, I've been feeling fenced in by too many responsibilities that take me away from my creative work. Interesting. Both the need to break out and the need to focus. Thanks :)

RedMaple

Stregaverde

Powerful spread

I haven't had a chance to read with this yet, but it's gone into my notebook and has a very potent vibe about it. Thank you for sharing it. It's fascinating to hear how it works for others. I'll probably ease into it with my Mermaids deck, they tend to tell me things gently.

melissabee

Very insightful spread

I really liked this one and it showed very true. My final card showed the 4 of pentacles which I'm not quite sure if it's a suggestion to get over the sorrow or if it's a prediction of my next move.

StarUpInTheSky

Great spread. Almost don't know if I want to try it. A little afraid of what I'll see. :grin: I'll try it soon. Thnx!
~*Mel*~

mabthescorpio

Wow! I tried this out and it read with incredibly accuracy, especially considering I did the reading with a new deck I'm not used to using yet. Thanks for this!