Favorite Hippie Deck?

Sword King

So you were a LOVE CHILD... groovy... loan me your CAT STEVENS albums!

Hey man - I opened up your copy of Ummagumma and these funny seeds rolled out...

Mallah

Hey man - I opened up your copy of Ummagumma and these funny seeds rolled out...

They belong the the several species of small and furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict...(oh...wait...no, they're mine...)

Terrapin

In terms of the art itself recalling the 60s and 70s: Morgan Greer and Hoi Polloi. If you're talking actual hippies in the cards: World Spirit.

BTW, I believe Hoi Polloi Tarot translates as "the people's tarot." (Greek)

Terrapin

Oh another one--reminds of the black light posters from that era: University Press Waite/Smith.

Mallah

Crazy...Terrapin...as in? Some rise, some fall, some climb...to get to... welcome to the hippie thread! I dunno..it's all greek to me! I saw the Doors at the Greeks once!

Mallah

Oh another one--reminds of the black light posters from that era: University Press Waite/Smith.

Ok, cool...gettin my blacklight out...gonna go check it... here...hold my...what is that anyway, man? Oh, my rabbit's foot.

Maskelyne

The only deck I can remember from the days when I was a hippie is the Albano-Waite. Of the decks I own now, I'd say the Pearls of Wisdom and the New age (Neuzeit-Tarot) both look to be drawn by artists who drank the electric Kool-Aid.