M'arse Says

Pixna

Absolutely fabulous, blue_fusion! The artwork is stupendous, and the clever wording/puns should definitely stay. The combination is what will make your deck stand out and be unique, and that's what's needed in the Tarot marketplace -- a unique, high-quality deck.

I'm also in favor of a standard or slightly larger-than-standard sized deck. Unlike those who mentioned they prefer this size because they have large hands, I actually have small hands, but I prefer the solid feeling of larger deck (and, of course, high-end card stock).

My preference is the color of the priestess in the middle. The colors of one on the left look more cartoonish to me -- they're lovely, just not my taste. The one on the right is beautiful too, but the center one with color has more depth and interest.

I'm eagerly awaiting the finished product too. Do you have a target date in mind? Any additional feedback you're seeking?

blue_fusion

John Frawley used "L'Amour the Merrier" on the cover of his astrology magazine, The Astrologer's Apprentice, Number 9, a couple of years ago. Not sure it makes any difference from a copyright standpoint, but just so you know.

Oh well, l'Amour's le pity. :D

Since I'm (partially) taking the pun version of the deck seriously (the minors' puns will be a challenge!) here's a... more punned-up version of the HP.

The left one has to do with being shushed up because someone's reading (like in the library). The right card, with those romance novels that set hearts aflutter. ;)

Also I have some idea on what to do with the minors, which involves what I would like to call badages (basically bad adages) - quotable misquotes (oh if you must: misquotations), often with bad grammar, maliciously perpetuated by and in our local showbiz industry. I am just not sure people from other cultures would see the humor in them. I would need test subjects to find out...

Attachments

• 02_02.jpg
    02_02.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 199

AJ

one vote for hush, it's self explanatory
That is the first HP I've wanted to hug. Most HPs give me the shudders

Laura Borealis

I like both puns, but I vote hush. It's very in keeping with the HP. :)

The idea of badages is pure win! :D

Wendywu

I just love this deck! A marseilles that is funny, meaningful and definitely tarot - with pips! It's just perfect :)

Pixna

"Badages" -- genius!

blue_fusion

Also, by inference you get such pop music fodder as Teach Me How To Papesse and Who Let the Papesse Out.

Ok. I'll shut up now.

blue_fusion

I'm eagerly awaiting the finished product too. Do you have a target date in mind? Any additional feedback you're seeking?

I might be able to finish and release the "serious" version of the deck by the end of the month or next month. I'm thinking of just calling it the Maria Celia Tarot. Not sure when I'll be able to finish the pun deck, tentatively named, (What Would) M'arse Say. I'll focus on the puns once I've finished all the line art.

prudence

I love this so far and I really do love the puns on the cards....please keep on with it, both potential decks sound truly fabulous.