Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Halloween Little Boo Exchange signup thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 

Halloween Little Boo Exchange signup thread

Surprise, surprise, surprise! The fun is just waiting to begin. Some of you older members will remember our Halloween gift exchanges, and we're going to do them again this year. I want to get started early so everyone has time to sign up and get ready.

Signups are limited to people with at least 3 months membership and 50 posts. If you have three months membership, but lack posts, then go meet and greet newcomers or play some games and get your post count up there. Signups end on September 8th.

People can only join 1 exchange, not both.

In order that we can continue the fun of exchanges, we have to diligently see to it that all packages get sent. You enter at your own risk, but please make sure you can send your package. We don't want anyone to be disappointed and we've had a perfect record in the past, so let's make sure we do it again. We don't want to have to stop doing the exchanges because so many friends are made and bonds formed as well as the fun of it all.

Signups begin now. Mailing date will be October 15th or October 1st if your mailing worldwide. Names will be exchanged on the 8th of September. It's a Secret Scarecrow, so you won't find out who your partner is till you get your package.

You'll be using the mailers that go flat rate. You can either use the small box or the envelope that goes at the cheapest flat rate. I don't know the rate these days but around six dollars is my estimate. Someone who signs up may know and can tell me.

Spending limit on the small box is $10 plus the postage to send the package.

Please read the following:

AT Guidelines for Exchanges

Okay, I'm open for business. Let me know whether you want to ship worldwide or within a smaller area.

Water Lady---US Shipping

katieb---US shipping
Top   #1

Grizabella 

Does anyone remember the wonderful fun we had when doing the Five of Pents exchanges a couple of years back? Because of the poor economy, we exchanged gifts in the small flat rate boxes and everyone had a great time trying to figure out how to stuff as much as possible into that little bitty box. I was amazed at how much people could figure out how to stuff in there. I think it made for double the fun for the exchange.

Also, overseas participants were given the dimensions of the little box so they could approximate the size. I suggested then and will suggest again now that if you're overseas and you receive a flat rate mailer from the US in the smallest size, just use that box and cover it with paper for the mailing.

For those who mail from America to an overseas address, the postage will be higher and not just the flat American rate, so be aware of that.
Top   #2
Citizen

Mellaenn 
Citizen

This smaller exchange is a good choice for anyone who would like to join in the fun of an exchange but does not want to over-commit, especially in view of how expensive it is to mail packages these days. If you're like me, you've got all sorts of goodies lying about the house that you like but don't use that would be a nice treat for someone else.
Top   #3

Grizabella 

Only a couple more weeks to join into this exchange. It's a highlight of the year at Aeclectic and people always have a great time exchanging gifts. It needn't cost you anything but some happy time putting together a package and the postage to mail it. Using your skills to make things yourself, and maybe a deck that's in your stash but not being used that you could pass on as a gift is how simple it is.
Top   #4

Grizabella 

Still no takers? This little Boo exchange has always been so popular in the past. I'm surprised.
Top   #5
Resident

roshelley 
Resident
Talking I want to join

I would love to join this, right now I have 5 posts so I've got 1 week to do 45 more. yippee. I can only ship in u.s. for now.
Top   #6
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer 
Time Traveller

I buy things, but will make at least one hand made thing. Sadly I dont have old things lying about the house but my box will indeed be Halloween themed & personal as possible for my partner.

Already started buying bits and bobs.

Loving it.....
Top   #7

Grizabella 

OK I think maybe you ladies didn't know that we've got two Halloween-y gift exchanges going. This one is for the little box.

But then there's another for the bigger box exchange that costs less postage. If either of you were wanting the bigger exchange let me know and I'll switch you over. DownUnderNz, I might have signed you up on the wrong one? I think I signed you up on the bigger one. Let me know if you'd rather switch. And making things is absolutely fine, too. Just whatever surprises people want to send are just great.
Top   #8

Grizabella 

Duplicate post for some reason.
Top   #9
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer 
Time Traveller

Sorry Grizabella...didnt know there was two.

Mine is bigger than a shoe box and a bit wider, so not sure if that is a teeny weeny box in the US.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.