Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Legend: The Queen of Spears, Dindrane

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Legend: the Arthurian Tarot

Citizen

WalesWoman 
Citizen

Just had a thought about cats and Queens. Queens are in charge of the castle, keeping everything taken care of and in order...to make life easier and comfortable for their King, also the whole domestication and taming of the beastly natures of animals (Kings included, especially the Knights I'm sure!).

So the cat and the queen is sort of the RWS Strength, only it's evolution of taking that wild, unruliness of animal nature and making something useful from it, giving it purpose with her nurturing, loving commitment.

It may be intuition, thinking she has eyes in the back of her head, knowing what is going on all the time, but I think the cat is her trusty rat detector. (commonly known as the BS detector and can smell it a mile away)
Top   #11
Citizen

Sophie-David 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalesWoman
Just had a thought about cats and Queens. Queens are in charge of the castle, keeping everything taken care of and in order...to make life easier and comfortable for their King, also the whole domestication and taming of the beastly natures of animals (Kings included, especially the Knights I'm sure!).
Heh, heh. Definitely a tough job in this mythos - and others we might know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalesWoman
So the cat and the queen is sort of the RWS Strength, only it's evolution of taking that wild, unruliness of animal nature and making something useful from it, giving it purpose with her nurturing, loving commitment.

It may be intuition, thinking she has eyes in the back of her head, knowing what is going on all the time, but I think the cat is her trusty rat detector. (commonly known as the BS detector and can smell it a mile away)
Yes the connection with Strength and BS detection makes a lot of sense. I notice that this cat is looking down at the deck with its ears focused that way also, which is typically where rats live. At least the cat isn't focused on the observer!
Top   #12
Citizen

Lyones 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by WalesWoman
LOL, yeah, and we should learn to rely on it more

I just thought too that the cat needs gentleness - stroking, where as the dog can be roughed up a bit when patted, and I think it's a reminder to use the gentleness in one's nature in the situation asked about.

A friend and I were discussing the aspects of dogs and cats on the court cards just yesterday and she pointed out to me that if a cat feels pushed out, it will turn it's back on you, and you know you are in trouble *lol*, whereas a dog is just so loyal, it will keep coming back and trying to make it up to you, even if they feel they've been unjustly accused. I think on the whole, women tend to show what they are thinking and feeling a lot more than most men, who would rather project or pretend that everything is okay, especially when they are having a hard time.
Top   #13

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.