Enochian Magick

ravenest

Its all based on ' 4 square' formula of 'elemental' forces so much will be in divisons or sub sets of 4. There are some 10 set ToL patterns, and asto attributions run trough as well in 7 / 12 cycle.

Sound complex ? Of course it SOUNDS complex ... but as I have said a few times (and others , even DuQuette and ( I think A C in Liver Aba ) ;

Just start drawing up your own squares and tablets ( by instructions ) and you will see it and see WHY it was all set up that way ... its a logical 'natural' construct with internal self consistent laws ... it isnt some made up wacky magical system .... well, it is :D .... but it is internally self consistent and follows its own logic ... that is essential for any VALID magical system.

You wont get that from looking at the seal or the table. But all this stuff is modern GD accretions.

Think of TEX like a tarot court .... lets say Q of S She is air if there is a ruler of air, it is the 4 courts , the Q of S is 'water of air' If we had a tarot 'King of Air', 'under' him would be the 4 elemental courts or servitors .... or his 4 ways of 'getting things done .

< shrug > its A way of doing things .... the Sufis say 'look at a thing in 7 ways to understand it ( pretty common, that is the planetary model ) 12 ways - astrological model, 10 / 22 ToL - model, 64 - I Ching and so on .

Reformed and original tables ...... here we go ! Its contentious ! CLASSICAL Enochian SCHOLARS are big on this, they get into the original stuff quiet heavily and poo poo the later versions ..... I have one of their books .... Mhe ... its a bit dated for me .

I can put you on to a friend if you want to go down that path , she sells supplies, books .... does classes ..... she is pretty rad ! ( a great person .... and she weilds this amazing Bagua sword

( well, a woman that does mad=gic and 'plays' with swords ..... thats my kind of gal ! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2akL7S5Y98 .... this isnt her , but she does this classic form ... mute sound ( why do youtube clippers always add bad or overly dramatic music ?

Books, supplies, ready made goodies ( a la Enochian ) talismans jewelry, info, etc.

http://www.enochian.org/tools.shtml

smw

Just start drawing up your own squares and tablets ( by instructions ) and you will see it and see WHY it was all set up that way ... its a logical 'natural' construct with internal self consistent laws ... it isnt some made up wacky magical system .... well, it is :D .... but it is internally self consistent and follows its own logic ... that is essential for any VALID magical system.

You wont get that from looking at the seal or the table. But all this stuff is modern GD accretions.

I read something from an interesting blog that I can't find again, suggesting that the Enochian magic, letters and words, could be regarded as 'forces'. A consistent system or framework would give as it were a form then for things that might not in themselves have an actual form. I am not very practical myself, though creating your own squares and tables seems an even more solid form in 3d.

Reformed and original tables ...... here we go ! Its contentious ! CLASSICAL Enochian SCHOLARS are big on this, they get into the original stuff quiet heavily and poo poo the later versions ..... I have one of their books .... Mhe ... its a bit dated for me .

trust me to mention that then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2akL7S5Y98 .... this isnt her , but she does this classic form ... mute sound ( why do youtube clippers always add bad or overly dramatic music ?

wow! that sword looks lethal, the curved bit looks like it would take your head off easily!

smw

Its all based on ' 4 square' formula of 'elemental' forces so much will be in divisons or sub sets of 4. There are some 10 set ToL patterns, and asto attributions run trough as well in 7 / 12 cycle.

Think of TEX like a tarot court .... lets say Q of S She is air if there is a ruler of air, it is the 4 courts , the Q of S is 'water of air' If we had a tarot 'King of Air', 'under' him would be the 4 elemental courts or servitors .... or his 4 ways of 'getting things done .

< shrug > its A way of doing things .... the Sufis say 'look at a thing in 7 ways to understand it ( pretty common, that is the planetary model ) 12 ways - astrological model, 10 / 22 ToL - model, 64 - I Ching and so on .

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions Ravenest, sorry for not mentioning that before, I wasn't quite following and then forgot...

(Eta ehhh... That sounds rude. Not what I intended-I was a bit taken aback by some dream imagery, not sleeping well and muddled thinking)

smw

...As I just curiously bumped into this thread:

"John Dee's Enochain Magic" - by Emma Doeve
At Treadwell's Bookshop, London Bloomsbury, December 5th, £8 for the hour.
https://www.treadwells-london.com/event/john-dees-enochian-magic/

Baby steps taster for me. Lol. :)

ahhh...hope you enjoy it :) don't mind me and my dream melodramas ;) it is a fascinating area especially with John Dee's background at the court of Elizabeth. I'm convinced (without evidence) that the letters and planchette that him and Kelly used were the forerunners of the Ouija board...