Low Magick

Aeon418

I read another chapter tonight if that's any consolation.

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
And I suspect you are not the sweet, simple god type. (page 117)

But I didn't think Duquette would be either, so what do I know. :laugh:
You might be surprised. :laugh:

I skipped forwards to, Pop Goes Ganesha! My first reaction was a chuckle. Lon is talking about the HGA, but he's just coming at it from a different angle. Look at p.118. where he explains why he chose Ganesha as his "visible object of worship". Also read the second paragraph on p.119. (I can't be bothered to type today. :laugh:)
AL III:22 The other images group around me to support me: let all be worshipped, for they shall cluster to exalt me. I am the visible object of worship;.....
Any deity image, any "visible object of worship", is a pathway to the same thing that is represented by R.H.K. in the Book of the Law. They are all HGA stand-ins. Which one you pick doesn't really matter. (Provided you strip them of Old Aeon baggage first. ;)) Lon picked Ganesha because he felt an emotional attachment to him. Fine, nothing un-Thelemic there. That is the image that Lon feels will lead him to the Sun/Tiphareth/HGA. And all images exalt R.H.K.

Always Wondering

It was kind of you to skip ahead. Thank-you. My issues around "good" got me stuck. The first thing I read about Crowley was that he acknowledged his beast and it was the only thing that kept me reading.

AL III:22 The other images group around me to support me: let all be worshipped, for they shall cluster to exalt me. I am the visible object of worship;.....

I guess I didn't really get this. I was too busy wondering about Ordeal X, I suppose.

Aeon418 said:
Which one you pick doesn't really matter. (Provided you strip them of Old Aeon baggage first.

Hmmmm. This is possibly the crux of my resistance, baggage. I didn't find it un-Thelemic, but I was surprised at my reaction to it.
I do hope someday to stop beating my head against the wall while trying to wrap my head around all possibility, but I am afraid it is part of my nature. :laugh: I love wacky kinds of nothing.

Aeon418 said:
Also read the second paragraph on p.119.

No worries. My life is full of sweet, simple and pot bellies. :laugh: I am a lucky woman, with itchy feet, steeped long in duality.

AW

Aeon418

Finished! :D

On the whole a very enjoyable read, but in my opinion it didn't quite reach the heights of, My Life with the Spirits. It was a hard act to follow though.

High lights. I thought, Family Secrets, was one of the better chapters. The Vampire Mother eulogy was wonderfully caustic, but the poem at the end was very touching. (I think I understand why his dad drank though. :laugh:) Overall a poingant chapter, and probably more so for those of us who were blessed with less than ideal parents.
The Exorcism of our Lady of Sorrows, was probably the best chapter. The bit where Larry the IT man barges in was very funny indeed.

A Midsummer Night's Curse got on my nerves though. Too much melodrama about nothing for my taste. Instead of getting all worked up, like S.A. did, I would have called F.F. and inserted another 5 letters between his initials. End of story.

And that quiche sounds absolutely revolting.

TarotCraft

I would like to try the quiche!

When he was out here doing a tour with the OTO, he told a lot of the stories from the book. In person, he is even funnier. The room would be in stitches.

Grigori

Jellybean said:
I would like to try the quiche!

I was rather disappointed the quiche recipe wasn't included also. I suspect there are a lot of people out there having to stick with LSD since quiche is less readily available ;)

TarotCraft

I'm a terrible cook so I suspect I'd be a lot safer with LSD anyway.

ravenest

No guys, that aint LSD nowadays. Its bikie bathtub brewed chemist travel tabs with various cleanling ingredients added.

TarotCraft

Still sounds better than my cooking...