Tarot of Ceremonial Magick now available again

Aeon418

You must have got distracted after you posted it. You told us International shipping was available 3 weeks ago. :laugh:

Grigori

LOL oh well, at least U'm thorough eh? :laugh:

brightcrazystar

I bought this from his hand directly. Lon is a great guy and was holding a workshop on it outside Chicago. I know all the material, and have my own personal relation with his late teacher and several "old-guard" Thelemites I love to hear hs stories and see his work supported. Besides, I wanted to take my current girlfriend to meet Brothers and Sisters in the O.T.O. in Chicago.

I have one of the old deck from the first week they were out and two packs of the new one. The colors are still dramatic, and the art is still the same, no pixellation and the cards mostly seem to be well aligned with the stock they are printed on. I am not crazy about using them for divination, but they are great index card commentary on a reading. I read with Thoth and then consult his cards for possible connections that are more connected to Ceremonial techniques. I also frankly disagree with his I Ching attributions, and he admits that all he did was take Crowley's and post em up there. Finally, years later, he thinks I know enough to be sound in my disagreement.

The deck is definitely of use to those who want to find common Crowley associations with the Tarot for ceremonial methods. Also, as a bonus, the two color mistakes that his wife (the colorist, as Lon was the Line man.) made. Yup, the same two colors messed up on the same card, even though he could have corrected them in the reprint. He says people always liked to play "where's waldo" with em, and he doesn't want to disappoint. If you get the chance to see his workshop, it is a blast, and in my opinion, worth the money and the 18 hour drive in the snow from New Jersey to Chicago and back! Then again I like road trips and adventure.