Sacrilege

Pen

Colour & Contrast Comparison

1. Greenie (large): US Games white box with OTO & glyph on front. Cards printed in Belgium, box and booklet in USA.

Palest colour and least contrast/definition of the ones I have. Colourwise, backs are rather nice though, and borderless. No length to width distortion.

2. Large AG Muller 1986: Deeper colour than the Greenie with more contrast/definition. Backs slightly off-centre. No length to width distortion. As far as I can see the standard sized edition from this date is the same.

3. Large AG Muller 1996: Deepest colour and most contrast/definition of all. The yellow on the Fool card is now golden. Distortion due to alteration of length to width ratio especially noticable with the Fool's face and the Star's planet.

4. Standard US Games pale lilac-grey box with the Two of Disks on front. Cards marked AG Muller 1996. Slightly less golden than 3, but colour/contrast very similar otherwise. No length to width distortion.

I'm assuming that the large version of this edition (green box) will be the same.

Now what I need to know is if the Prince of Wands Konigsfurt lion has his paw uncropped. Gregory.....?

Pen

gregory

Did you mention this already ?

Anyway - Prince Wands' lion has two complete paws. (And now I shall be hors de for a few days)

OH BTW - the BACKS of this one have GOLD borders rather than white - a great improvement if they MUST put borders on. Not gilded, just gold colours.

Pen

gregory said:
Did you mention this already ? Anyway - Prince Wands' lion has two complete paws. (And now I shall be hors de for a few days)

No... It's great news though. Because if the PoW lion has two paws, yet the Star's planet is not distorted this means we have the best edition yet. I guess I'll have to buy one to see the colour though.

OH BTW - the BACKS of this one have GOLD borders rather than white - a great improvement if they MUST put borders on. Not gilded, just gold colours.

Thanks for that, Gregory. Re. gilded though, I'm always amazed and delighted at the illusion of actual gold on the backs (I think the Greenie is best for this).

Pen