Black Pearl

Grigori

Thanks Aeon, I'd not seen these before. I'm expecting an e-reader shortly, so this will be a good start for material for me!

Aeon418

I think you will enjoy them, Grigori. There's some really good stuff in there.

And if you are reading this AW, there's a short article in issue 1 that might have been written especially for you. ;)

Always Wondering

:laugh: Okay, okay. I will give myself a break.
Thanks for pointing it out, it was a very helpful article.

AW

Always Wondering

So it's been about four weeks since I read Give Yourself a Break! and took up the suggested mantra meditation practice. I did note that Frater Yod said emotion would come up. But there seems to be a lot of unrelated tears, not really attached to anything like memories or emotions. Just out of the blue and a little startling.

I'm trying just to allow it but I've noticed over the past week some resistance towards meditating because of this. Plus a general impatience that emotion seems to be my main mode of experience. Perhaps a little disappointed that meditation does not give me a break from this.

And my other mode of experience needs to understand this. It wants to organize these tears so there is some explanation. Or at least understand why they seem so detached.

Any thoughts?

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
But there seems to be a lot of unrelated tears, not really attached to anything like memories or emotions. Just out of the blue and a little startling.
What you're describing is a very common experience. It's a sign that an internal knot is unravelling, or a blockage is dissolving. It's an indication that your practice is starting to have an effect on you.
Always Wondering said:
I'm trying just to allow it but I've noticed over the past week some resistance towards meditating because of this.
The natural response. Part of you feels threatened and is trying to convince you to give up.
Always Wondering said:
And my other mode of experience needs to understand this. It wants to organize these tears so there is some explanation. Or at least understand why they seem so detached.
The source of the tears is often buried deep within. Not everything happens with a blinding flash of realisation. It can sometimes take time for understanding to slowly percolate through to your conscious mind. This is where journalling often comes in handy.

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
The natural response. Part of you feels threatened and is trying to convince you to give up.

Very Chapter Threeish. This morning I didn't stop and confornt as the article suggested. I think that part of me saw a loophole and intended to use it. :laugh: I girt myself with a sword and finished it out.

AW