Recent Pocket Thoth

Ambrosia

I have ordered a pocket Thoth. It is a USG one I think.

I am worried now as I have been reading threads (Sapienza I think was the poster) where it is said they are printed in China and the colouring is very yellow.

I'm just a bit confused as the thread I'm talking about is a couple years old and it may be the case that the "new" pocket decks don't have this problem.

From what I can gather the AG Muller are the best printing but on the USG website it says the pocket edition is printed by AG Muller anyway.

Anyone got a recent pocket edition? Can you set my mind at ease? I'm confused as all get out. I want a deck with lovely true pictures, and colours the same as the standard and large editions.

Ambrosia

Has no one got this deck or a recent incarnation of it?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Le Fanu

I think information on sites is so misleading now, the only way you can be sure of getting the copy you want is either putting out an ISO here or taking a risk, ordering from amazon and keeping your fingers crosed.

I have two pocket Thoths but both were bought a few years ago...

fyreflye

If you really want the best possible printing get the Königsfurt
German language pocket Thoth. PM photokat to see if she has one to sell.

Storm82

fyreflye said:
If you really want the best possible printing get the Königsfurt
German language pocket Thoth. PM photokat to see if she has one to sell.

do you mean the one in gold box?

Storm82

I have bought pocket thoth about a year ago (or maybe more) I have not noticed any yellow.... but I´ll check, I get back to you

Ambrosia

Thanks guys.

Well I have already ordered so will have to wait and see. I'm hoping the deck Sapienza got may have been a one-off bad print as I haven't heard any other complaints.

I ordered mine off a New Zealand bookselling site, not Amazon, but it says it is by US games. I checked the US games site for info on their pocket thoth and their site says they have the AG Muller ones so....

Kind of confusing.

I will have to wait and see - will update on arrival.

Le Fanu

All Thoth decks (except the Verlag-Konigsburg one) are produced by AG Muller. They re sometimes put in a U.S Games box but it is AG Muller who print them. Sometimes they come with the gold AG Muller sticker, sometimes they don't, but the Thoth has never been subject to the "Printed in Italy" lacquering. I wouldn't pay much attention to amazon listings.

I always think of it as an AG Muller deck.

Le Fanu

fyreflye said:
Don't know; it's the sister of the Red Box standard edition.
:bugeyed: which is the red box standard edition? I don't have any that fits this description...