The Sylphs

Grigori

I think it might be best to memorize it, but to read it if you cannot. Or, depending on your persuation, maybe you want to make something up on the spot.

Professor X

Grigori said:
I think it might be best to memorize it, but to read it if you cannot. Or, depending on your persuation, maybe you want to make something up on the spot.

Since this is my first one that I have written I may just have to read it out.
So far I have written a Confession,a two part invocation and now I am working on a final banishing segment of it all.

I think I am going to be sucessfull with my ritual whenever I do it because last night I felt a surge of energy while mentally repeating some of what I have written so far. That is a very good sign.

brightcrazystar

The Basis of the ritual form of Liber Samekh is the Supreme Ritual of the Pentagram, taught to Adepts in the R.R. et A.C.. Crowley copied these papers from his own admissions:

"so ardent was he in his search after knowledge that he even went so far as to invoke Mercury by obtaining access to and copying the 5ø = 6ø Rituals and Knowledges belonging to Fra. F.L., saying to himself:

"All for Knowledge, even life, even honour, All!"

[/i]Equinox vol1. No II, Ritual of the 4-7 Grade of Philosophus[/i]

The Adepts are taught the formula and expected to compose a ritual of their own device. Crowely was including the Borless Ritual in his variation, that eventually became Liber Samekh when the A.'.A.'. adopted his works into a catalog of Libers.

Thus consider the formula of the Supreme Ritual of the Pentagram, and apply the elemental filter of the Creatures of Air, by Conjuration of the Sylphs, instead of Conjuration of the Four.

Professor X

brightcrazystar said:
The Basis of the ritual form of Liber Samekh is the Supreme Ritual of the Pentagram, taught to Adepts in the R.R. et A.C.. Crowley copied these papers from his own admissions:

The Adepts are taught the formula and expected to compose a ritual of their own device. Crowely was including the Borless Ritual in his variation, that eventually became Liber Samekh when the A.'.A.'. adopted his works into a catalog of Libers.

Thus consider the formula of the Supreme Ritual of the Pentagram, and apply the elemental filter of the Creatures of Air, by Conjuration of the Sylphs, instead of Conjuration of the Four.

Thanks for the information.

Professor X

brightcrazystar said:

Perhaps you could give some tips on constructing a ritual.

I have already written my own ritual up but I would like to see what ideas other people have.

brightcrazystar

Proceed through the Qabalistic Cross, and then the Active and Passive Pentagrams of Spirit, making sure to actually vibrate the divine names when drawing the pentagrams and central glyphs. Also ways do it this way to give names and force to the images you inscribe.

Then Recite the approriate calls, and face the appropriate direction for the microcosmic element (in this case, Air) Use the Banner names (ORO IBAH AOZPI) to drill down into the tablet, and the Solar King name (Baativah) in Ex Extremis Judicis form (Baativh). Align the quarters with invoking Air pentagrams with EXARP, and then Seal each with an invoking Pentagram with the Appropriate name of the Lesser Quadrangle as found on the Calvary Cross, going down, ignoring the middle square. Seal it in the center with a Sigil of Air, with the Name as found on the Cross Bar of the Subangle.

Then after that, one is in in the present of the Table of Air, as found in its greatest influence. (Note, Air is at this time an arbitrary elemental distinction to the beings and forces at work, but useful for the consistency of the magician in many regards. The Enochian Entities don't really care how you employ them in my experience, as long as you have the actual ring PELE in gold, which I have had fashioned with their approval. Their nature is not fixed. They stand like variables, able to fit any position in an equation, but for general purposes, the work done with G.D. attributions s a powerful egregore for those starting).

THEN, Recite the Bornless as you know how, in the attitude of 2=9, or some sign of the Grade of Yesod and the forces of Air. For Crowley's purpose, this was an exorcism of ALL but the Augoeides, that is to say the Holy Guardian Angel. It is not an invocation of anything, but rather a renunciation of all that is not the H.G.A. Therefore, as all in the HGA in a manner, it causes the brain to turn upon itself much as the nature of an magical oath which forbids a cource of action that the very same initiatory rite then calls you to violate. The result is the ego's tendency to self-destruct is shortly enacted, leading to a higher form of consciousness which allows a glimpse at the higher aspirations.

Follow with the Conjuration of the Four, as regards the Sylphs, called the Prayer of the Sylphs" The Tibi sunt of Eliphas Levi cross can also be used to great effect, or you can once again use to Qabalistic cross. Also, because I owe a great deal to the Lord of the Sylphs for my understanding of magick which began early in my life. Paraldas as lord of the creatures of Air may be of as much use to you in this as I have found it. The goal with the elementals is to form a lifeling bond of respect and mastery that they extend upon you so you can call them more expediently; and they will respond if you use them in good service.

My own original invocation to Paraldas is sung as thus:

Lord Paralda, I adore thee,
Eternal Teacher, Loyal Friend
Given to me, wisest majesty,
Thy Holy Lessons have no end.

I have done this since my earliest teens, and have seen it no where. I sing it to a specific tune and it first occured walking through the woods which brought about winds and pleasant scents of the nature about me. It came to me, and I had little understanding of who or what Paralda was, and was trying to learn the Tree of Life and Tarot. I was barely studying Qabala, though I might have seen the name from Regardi's manual on the Golden Dawn / Stell Matutina. Alot of my magick works like this, the least of all my Enochian efforts. I also get bursts of poetry, to mixed effect.

Tools to be used besides the Air Dagger are Jasmine incense, the 12 rayed fan, and a fresh rose. Words of power are as Theoricus, but only after the words of the Lord of the 32 Path (crossing pass the path of Tau proper). Consult opening in the grade of Theoricus for inspiration if you need to. Consult the papers of Theoricus Adeptus Minor if you want an inner Order interpretation of that ritual.

As I also employ the Seniors of the Tablets to reinforce the walls of the cube of space, I do so as follows:

Come thou (Saturn Senior) at the Understanding of the Great Work.
Come thou (Jupiter Senior) as the Mercy of the Great Work.
Come thou (Mars Senior) as the Power of the Great Work
Come thou (Solar King Comiter) as the Beauty of the Great Work
Come thou (Venus Senior) as the Victory of the Great Work
Come thou (Mercury Senior) as the Splendor of the Great Work
Come thou (Luna Senior) as the Foundation of the Great Work

Then I seal it with the Bonorum to the dimension of time, as they are the key to manifesting the work of the First Knowledge, and thus locking a temporal connection to your results for "Enochian" Magick.

Close proper, but be aware the Enochian will not simply be banished, it must run its course. Mystic circumambulation and repast will allow you to raise, lower and seal the current in a sacrament, which I advise, wine, cake of light, candle, and rose. Smell the rose, feel the flame, eat the cake over the cup, and drink the wine. Bread and salt also fulfills earht, but in a more base form, the difference between Crowley's explanation of disks and that of the traditional association of those who do not grasp that the "Khabs is in the Khu, not the Knu in the Khabs."

Hope all this helps, or at the least, doesn't confuse.

Ch

Grigori

Thank you for sharing that brightcrazystar, it's very useful to see an example of ritual format acccompanied by personal experience's of it's application.

brightcrazystar

You are most welcome. A disclaimer:

The formula of making the whole Temple that of Air, and then working the subangles of Air in the directions of the elements (Air of Air East, Water of Air West, Fire of Air South, and Earth of Air North) is a really advanced formula, according to what I have been told.

It also bears notice that Paul Foster Case believes this is what suddenly and prematurely killed Michael Whitty, his Chief and Mentor in the Golden Dawn. As a result, he took all Enochian out of his B.O.T.A. work. It greatly is advised not to do so by most Golden Dawn lineages. Even Crowley favored more or less "going to the spirits" than bringing them here; Scrying is the typically recommended method, with the Temple Opening of the Grade being sufficient in that light. I have done it for over 15 years, and had no ill effects. Again, I have the ring PELE, and a understanding of its function as validated by lots of Operations with the Archangels of the system. I did this kind of high ritual before without the ring, but I used to feel unbalanced after these workings. I kind of worked with the imbalance though. Since I have had the ring, no effects have been suffered.

I was taught this formula by a Duke of the Goetia, who has served me well since my earliest dealings with it. Raum, spirit 42, who is generally an affable spirit once the Magician causes it to assume a human form, as a sign of recognition of our Divine Providence, which the Duke complied with no great effort of my own.

I firmly believe in invocation and evocation to learn what to do. Most systems of magick are more than willing to tell you how to use them, if you really have authority over them. It is not my place to say if your experience will be the same as mine. And while they may also tell you HOW to use them, it is up to you to learn WHEN to use them.

Grigori

I've been reading Tyson's 'Portable Magic' this week, and finished tonight with a chapter on evocation of the elementals using Tyson's tarot formula. I think this would be a good place to start working with evocation, especially for a tarot user. His method is quite simple, needs only a tarot deck and a table to lay cards on, and some simple rituals. The structure is not dissimilar to the method brightcrazystar gave, but vastly simplified. I've put off reading this book for years and wish I hadn't, there was a lot of good stuff in it.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/portable-magic/

Professor X

brightcrazystar said:
Proceed through the Qabalistic Cross, and then the Active and Passive Pentagrams of Spirit, making sure to actually vibrate the divine names when drawing the pentagrams and central glyphs. Also ways do it this way to give names and force to the images you inscribe.

Then Recite the approriate calls, and face the appropriate direction for the microcosmic element (in this case, Air) Use the Banner names (ORO IBAH AOZPI) to drill down into the tablet, and the Solar King name (Baativah) in Ex Extremis Judicis form (Baativh). Align the quarters with invoking Air pentagrams with EXARP, and then Seal each with an invoking Pentagram with the Appropriate name of the Lesser Quadrangle as found on the Calvary Cross, going down, ignoring the middle square. Seal it in the center with a Sigil of Air, with the Name as found on the Cross Bar of the Subangle.

Then after that, one is in in the present of the Table of Air, as found in its greatest influence. (Note, Air is at this time an arbitrary elemental distinction to the beings and forces at work, but useful for the consistency of the magician in many regards. The Enochian Entities don't really care how you employ them in my experience, as long as you have the actual ring PELE in gold, which I have had fashioned with their approval. Their nature is not fixed. They stand like variables, able to fit any position in an equation, but for general purposes, the work done with G.D. attributions s a powerful egregore for those starting).

THEN, Recite the Bornless as you know how, in the attitude of 2=9, or some sign of the Grade of Yesod and the forces of Air. For Crowley's purpose, this was an exorcism of ALL but the Augoeides, that is to say the Holy Guardian Angel. It is not an invocation of anything, but rather a renunciation of all that is not the H.G.A. Therefore, as all in the HGA in a manner, it causes the brain to turn upon itself much as the nature of an magical oath which forbids a cource of action that the very same initiatory rite then calls you to violate. The result is the ego's tendency to self-destruct is shortly enacted, leading to a higher form of consciousness which allows a glimpse at the higher aspirations.

Follow with the Conjuration of the Four, as regards the Sylphs, called the Prayer of the Sylphs" The Tibi sunt of Eliphas Levi cross can also be used to great effect, or you can once again use to Qabalistic cross. Also, because I owe a great deal to the Lord of the Sylphs for my understanding of magick which began early in my life. Paraldas as lord of the creatures of Air may be of as much use to you in this as I have found it. The goal with the elementals is to form a lifeling bond of respect and mastery that they extend upon you so you can call them more expediently; and they will respond if you use them in good service.

My own original invocation to Paraldas is sung as thus:

Lord Paralda, I adore thee,
Eternal Teacher, Loyal Friend
Given to me, wisest majesty,
Thy Holy Lessons have no end.

I have done this since my earliest teens, and have seen it no where. I sing it to a specific tune and it first occured walking through the woods which brought about winds and pleasant scents of the nature about me. It came to me, and I had little understanding of who or what Paralda was, and was trying to learn the Tree of Life and Tarot. I was barely studying Qabala, though I might have seen the name from Regardi's manual on the Golden Dawn / Stell Matutina. Alot of my magick works like this, the least of all my Enochian efforts. I also get bursts of poetry, to mixed effect.

Tools to be used besides the Air Dagger are Jasmine incense, the 12 rayed fan, and a fresh rose. Words of power are as Theoricus, but only after the words of the Lord of the 32 Path (crossing pass the path of Tau proper). Consult opening in the grade of Theoricus for inspiration if you need to. Consult the papers of Theoricus Adeptus Minor if you want an inner Order interpretation of that ritual.

As I also employ the Seniors of the Tablets to reinforce the walls of the cube of space, I do so as follows:

Come thou (Saturn Senior) at the Understanding of the Great Work.
Come thou (Jupiter Senior) as the Mercy of the Great Work.
Come thou (Mars Senior) as the Power of the Great Work
Come thou (Solar King Comiter) as the Beauty of the Great Work
Come thou (Venus Senior) as the Victory of the Great Work
Come thou (Mercury Senior) as the Splendor of the Great Work
Come thou (Luna Senior) as the Foundation of the Great Work

Then I seal it with the Bonorum to the dimension of time, as they are the key to manifesting the work of the First Knowledge, and thus locking a temporal connection to your results for "Enochian" Magick.

Close proper, but be aware the Enochian will not simply be banished, it must run its course. Mystic circumambulation and repast will allow you to raise, lower and seal the current in a sacrament, which I advise, wine, cake of light, candle, and rose. Smell the rose, feel the flame, eat the cake over the cup, and drink the wine. Bread and salt also fulfills earht, but in a more base form, the difference between Crowley's explanation of disks and that of the traditional association of those who do not grasp that the "Khabs is in the Khu, not the Knu in the Khabs."

Hope all this helps, or at the least, doesn't confuse.

Ch

Thanks for the information. This gives me a lot of ideas that I can use to learn from. It is indeed interesting to see what someone else has done.

I designed my ritual around the names and energies in line with the sphere of Yesod as listed in the 777 book. I then combined that with a form of the Bornless Ritual that Crowley did that is in Book 4. I havent done the actual ritual just yet but I did notice upon reciting some of what I wrote that I felt a energy surge. There is no limit with how you can work with these types of things. Poetry and vibration are very very powerful when dealing with the energies that are beyond the physical plane. Sound creates so it is no suprise that measured use of them can put us in contact with the elemental beings.