The Book of The Law Study Group 3.7

Grigori

A couple of thoughts with this line. The first thing that struck me was the word "give". Giving doesn't seem a very RHK-y thing to do, it seems more a Pillar of Mercy/Chesed idea, rather than Pillar of Severity/Geburah. And seems a bit out of place that someone going into a War would be given anything, seems much more fitting to me they would have to get/take something. Though I s'pose most great adventurers in myths are given something at the start of the story, and it gets hard later when they have to use it!

This lead me to thinking about the idea of RHK as a Martial force to those who oppose him, and a Solar force to those working with him. Kind of like you face an engine of war when you're going the wrong way, and are given an engine of war when going the right way. This reminds me of The Tower/War card again, and the idea of being inside the tower, or thrown out of the tower.

Also reminds me of the red Geburah-ish wheel on the Chariot card, the path of Cheth going from Geburah to Binah (the starry canopy in the Chariot). Fits with the idea of the Pentagram as motion, and also a war engine (engine's being primarily about motion).

Aeon418

Grigori said:
Giving doesn't seem a very RHK-y thing to do, it seems more a Pillar of Mercy/Chesed idea, rather than Pillar of Severity/Geburah.
But the Pentagram, being a Martial symbol, represents the very essence of RHK himself. The Pentagram is the Sword of Horus. And like all swords it can used for attack or defence. Just like the Horus Neophyte signs. ;) That seems to fit with my attribution of this verse to the letter Zain/Sword and the two-in-one Gemini Lovers. (Look at the Hierophant.)

RHK says he will give us this war-engine. But in order to do that he must open his Mouth/Peh to speak. This reminds me of another guy with a Sword coming out of his Mouth/Peh. See Revelation 19. The Rider on the white horse who is to make War and Judge. A sword comes out of his mouth so that he may smite the nations. And rules them with a rod of Iron/Mars.
Grigori said:
And seems a bit out of place that someone going into a War would be given anything, seems much more fitting to me they would have to get/take something.
If you want to go into battle empty handed that's up to you. I suppose you try a leaflet campaign or wear a tee-shirt with protest slogan on it. :laugh:
Grigori said:
Though I s'pose most great adventurers in myths are given something at the start of the story, and it gets hard later when they have to use it!
A Sword is a double-edged gift. ;)
Grigori said:
This lead me to thinking about the idea of RHK as a Martial force to those who oppose him, and a Solar force to those working with him
Kind of like you face an engine of war when you're going the wrong way, and are given an engine of war when going the right way.
The Will acts in the same way. You either go with it, or fight against it. Are you weilding the Ace of Swords inscribed with Thelema. Or is it pointing at you? Who is the Sword traditionally pointed at?
My name is Legion: for we are many.
Smite 'em!

by zero

We have a strange duplication here: enginery of war and war engine. Webster tells me enginery = instruments of war, that would make enginery of war the instruments of war of war.

In this context
Dung it about with enginery of war
seems to suggest to dispose of the indirections and projections. I will is the means to get to the core, the engine that drives war itself.