The Book of the Law Study Group 3.13

Aeon418

I'm still 93% sure that Grigori's cows are safe. :laugh:

The Jews sacrificed cattle little and big. For the Christians the Korban was the Child (son) of God. This time around I think it all represents that which we normally think is us. The Ruach.

But not now.

272 or AL II:72 (to 74 - LMD)
72. Strive ever to more! and if thou art truly mine—and doubt it not, an if thou art ever joyous!—death is the crown of all.
73. Ah! Ah! Death! Death! thou shalt long for death. Death is forbidden, o man, unto thee.
74. The length of thy longing shall be the strength of its glory. He that lives long & desires death much is ever the King among the Kings.
King among the Kings? I thought that Jesus was the King of Kings? Last time around he was the Vicarious Sacrifice who went through Ordeal X in our place. But this time around we are the Son (Ruach) who is to be made King of Kings and face the tribulation of Ordeal X.

brightcrazystar

Grigori said:
The idea of ritual sacrifice (as I understand it) is seen in two ways. Most commonly (and likely most inaccurately) that deity somehow glorifies in the death or suffering of an animal. This is a deity that I have no interest in worshipping, I'd prefer my gods to have better things to do with their time. I have no actual objection to the practice of animal sacrifice, as a daily carnivore that would be hypocritical and absurd. I have an objection to gods that are blatantly small minded and petty.

I am hardly able to speak for everyone, but in my family, we made offering in love of every animal we killed. No one delighted in the suffering of a animal used for meat, We tried to make it painless as possible. Taking the animal into ourselves is seen as a form of evolution of its being, it is not seen as a hurting. We have ALOT of native American and a good bit of Phoecian/Lebanese from Louisiana territory, so who knows what other people think.

Aeon418

Personally I'm still convinced that a literal interpretation of the "sacrifice" is one big red herring, complete with flashing lights and alarm bells. Seriously. :laugh:

The previous verse, AL III:12, where the sacrifice is mentioned was attributed to the letter Lamed and Atu VIII Adjustment. Both the letter and the card symbolise the Woman Justified by the Sword/Phallus. The Woman symbolises both the Holy of Holies and the world of Briah/Cups. She is the Empress who seeks Seventy to her Four. The Seventy that she seeks is the Middle Pillar. Look at the Tree of Life and note how the path of Daleth intersected by the Middle Pillar creates a Cross.

The phallic Sword that Justifies her is the perfected Ruach that is ready to sacrifice itself to "rend the veil" and open up to Briatic consciousness. This is the Knowledge & Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.
In the biblical narrative this is represented by Jesus as the Ruach-Child, sacrficed on the Cross so that he may enter the Tomb/Womb/Cup/Holy of Holies. At the moment of his death the Veil to the Holy of Holies was torn in two.
Matthew 27:50-51

50. And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. [Ruach]
51. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.
In the ancient Jewish tradition, once a year on the day of Yom Kippur, the High Priest would pass through the same Veil into the Holy of Holies to sacrifice cattle, little and big, before the Mercy Seat. Once again this is K&C symbolism that we've seen before in earlier threads.

Turning to the present verse we have Atu XII The Hanged Man. Does he look like a King of Kings? A perfected Ruach that is worthy to open up to Briah? Does he look like the Kohen Gadol who enters the Holy of Holies? I don't think so. But if he were to open his Mouth (Atu XVI The Tower) then the earth would shake and the rocks split.

brightcrazystar

The Hanged Man is Peter, not the King among the Kings.

Aeon418

I don't believe that symbolism is being used here. I think it has more to do with the shared symbolism between the Hanged Man and the Emperor and the position of the Cross and Triangle on each card. The Hanged Man is almost an inverted image of the Emperor. If he were reeled out of the Water(Mem) by a Fish-hook(Tzaddi) he would wear a Crown.

As Crowley says in 777 the Hanged Man's mouth is resolutely closed. The Mouth is Peh - The Tower, in which we see the Lightning flash striking the Crown. The Same Crown worn by the Emperor.

The Hanged Man is the Emperor via Mem - 90 - Tzaddi. But not now. First he must undergo Ordeal X.

Aeon418

On the other hand..... or Fish hook.

Jesus to Simon Peter:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Tzaddi = Fish hook. Atu IV The Emperor.

Maybe not...
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."
1. But

2. not

3. now.