LBRP vs. BRH vs. Star Ruby

Professor X

I definitely see that I need to branch out from the BRH and the LBRP. Like you both have mentioned it is just a fundamental step.

Two things I plan on working on the coming few months is the Watchtower ritual as well as learning the Supreme Ritual of the Pentagram. I have read both of the rituals but havent learned them yet. I will have to wait until I get a different living situation to perform those. Right I can work on the BRH and LBRP.I think I can also work in the Star Ruby as well. Eventually I am going to construct my own magick pentacle,dagger,lotus wand and chalice. Those are things I MUST posses to advance in magick the way I want to. I cant wait until I can construct my own private magick temple.

The LBRP and BRH provide a good foundation to learn some much needed fundamentals and get yourself accustomed to what is required to properly excute magick rituals. For me it also removes some of the fear aspects of it all and now I am ready to dive headfirst and begin to learn more complex rituals. Right now I am working on incorporating the LBRP and BRH more into my daily activities.

When I eventually create my magick tools and get my own temple set up then I will ready to really get going with it all. From what I have read it is pretty easy to make your own tools. I just need to get some paints and the proper items to work with.

I will have to give the Star Ruby a try. I would imagine the version in the Book of Lies should be the same as the one in Book 4 Liber Aba?

Aeon418

Professor X said:
I will have to give the Star Ruby a try. I would imagine the version in the Book of Lies should be the same as the one in Book 4 Liber Aba?
Do they look the same to you? They don't to me.

Professor X

Aeon418 said:
Do they look the same to you? They don't to me.

Yeah the one in the BOL seems to be different.
The one in Liber ABA isnt the same.

Aeon418

Professor X said:
Yeah the one in the BOL seems to be different.
The one in Liber ABA isnt the same.
Aside from the different divine names used in the two versions, the vocalizations for each quarter differ. This "may" indicate a difference between the distribution of the elements in the two rituals.

But then again....

Crowley revised the Star Ruby around the same time he wrote Liber V vel Reguli. This revised version appears in Liber ABA. But the vocalizations don't line up with the pattern of elements given in Regui. Some think this is a blind, a mistake that was missed, or an indication that a different elemental attribution is indicated. Take your pick.

On top of that you will also notice that, even though the names and vocalizations change, the four guardians remain in the same quarters. Why? One explanation is that the guardians are not elemental but alchemical. Is this true? Maybe, maybe not. We will probably never know because Crowley never explained what they were meant to represent.

These pages may help.
http://hermetic.com/sabazius/starruby_rit.htm

http://hermetic.com/sabazius/starruby.htm

Professor X

Aeon418 said:
On top of that you will also notice that, even though the names and vocalizations change, the four guardians remain in the same quarters. Why? One explanation is that the guardians are not elemental but alchemical. Is this true? Maybe, maybe not. We will probably never know because Crowley never explained what they were meant to represent.

I tend to think the guardians are not elemental as well. I have been noticing things in my performance of the LBRP that make me see that the guardians of the 4 directions has more to do with energy generation than just the direction and/or element involved. It all has to do with manipulation of energy which is basically a form of alchemy but on the spiritual side instead of a formula to produce physical gold. One thing that can be said for certain is that no matter what some magick ceremony is said to represent it can always be taken to a deeper level even if the person who created it didnt intentionally plan on going that deep.

I will have to do a close examination of the Star Ruby. When you think about it the guardians has to mean more than that because in the case of the LBRP any astral entity could call themselves Gabriel,Raphael etc etc. There has to be something deeper there than just what the name represents.