Liber Theta

RLG

Dwtw

So am I, for I know the law of the Fortress :)

Litlluw
Resh Lamed Gimel

RLG

LRichard said:
Clever. :D Or one could just leave out Tzaddi and use Heh for both the Star and the Emperor, just as there are two occurrences of Heh in the Tetragrammaton, each with a different significance. Anyhow, Tzaddi spelled out is 104, which by Pythagorean numerology reduces to Heh = 5.

Dwtw

The 'tzaddi' glyph is the 104th letter on page 18 of chapter 1.
Tzaddi is the 18th letter of Hebrew, and spelled in full it equals 104

This glyph is also the 111th letter on the page, when going "from right to left and from top to bottom", suggesting also a connection with Alef, which is 111 when spelled in full. Though I see aspects of an Alef in this glyph, I would not suggest that is what he was trying to write, especially because Alef and Tzaddi have similar shapes. Since no other letter was attributed to the Star, Tzaddi is the only thing that makes sense, and the internal evidence of the 'chance shape of the letters and their position to one another' lends additional weight to this conclusion.

Purely by visual evidence, I believe AC attempted to write a Tzaddi, but actually drew an Ayin, (they are rather similar), realized his mistake, and overdrew a Tzaddi as best he could in the haste to keep up with the dictation.
Curiously, he never seemed to explain in print why this glyph is drawn so poorly. But whatever the first marks were, it certainly looks like the overwrite was an attempt at a Tzaddi, which lends further credence to the idea that it was the word Tzaddi that he heard from the mouth of Aiwass.

Litlluw
RLG

Aeon418

RLG said:
So am I, for I know the law of the Fortress :)
He, my prophet hath chosen, knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of God.

RLG

Amazing what the 'stops' can accomplish when arranged 'as thou wilt'! Too bad there's a comma in the holograph after the word prophet. Bu then 'my prophet' might be an aside, and HE still referring to someone else. If my initials were H.E., would that help my claim any ? ;-)

Aeon418

RLG said:
Amazing what the 'stops' can accomplish when arranged 'as thou wilt'! Too bad there's a comma in the holograph after the word prophet.
Too bad or otherwise, the stops as thou wilt. ;)

Personally I consider the wording of that sentance a little curious, especially in light of what follows. The word "He" seems extraneous and the sentence reads fine without it.

Aeon418

brightcrazystar said:
Most of the contents of the book of the law, contrary to thoughts on the matter, DID NOT etch themselves onto the memory of Aleister Crowley at the time of dictation.
Two questions.

1) How do you know what did and did not stick in Crowley's mind at the time of the dictation?

2) Contrary to which thoughts on the matter?

Always Wondering

Ross G Caldwell said:
Sorry, that was poorly phrased. Of course anything at all is open to Qabalistic analysis. For a Thelemic instance, look at the "Interlude" in Magick in Theory and Practice. If you're steeped in the stuff, you can interpret anything through that lens.

What I meant to say was that if inspired in the Class A sense, we might expect the text to contain, conceal, reveal, etc., the same kind of word, gematria, and mathematical relationships that the other Class A books do. This is in contrast to the inner dynamic Qabalism of the "Interlude" and every adept's practice of seeing everything at all Qabalistically, from a stubbed toe to a Spoonerism to a shooting star on Wednesday night at 10:15 pm. These depend on the level of the adept's "qabalization", rather than on the intent of the source or cause of the event, like in the case of the Class A texts.
Thanks Ross. Yes, that's what I was after. More of an expectation than a rule. This is helpful as I am beginning to learn how to read these texts in this way.

AW

Always Wondering

brightcrazystar said:
Here are the general classes of publication, AW:

A. Text which represent the Adept. They are considered the "Holy" books.
B. Essays, usually on pre-existing topics, redacting them for The New Aeon
C. Opinion, and suggestions. Crowley as scholar writing to other scholar.
D. Official Rituals and Instructions
E. Manifestos, Public Statements. Writings addressed to humanity at large.

Many people argue as the Book of the Law requires a comment,per its own instructions, that the comment is part of the book. It is otherwise not a seperate publications and that would make it a Class E and Class D, or perhaps just a Class E. There is case of writings being in more than one class.

This clears some stuff up. I was confusing A and E, I think. Thanks BrightCrazyStar.

AW

Aeon418

brightcrazystar said:
Most of the contents of the book of the law, contrary to thoughts on the matter, DID NOT etch themselves onto the memory of Aleister Crowley at the time of dictation.
Aeon418 said:
Two questions.

1) How do you know what did and did not stick in Crowley's mind at the time of the dictation?

2) Contrary to which thoughts on the matter?
*Bump* :)