The Giant Rider Waites

CelestialHorse

What are your thoughts? I LOVE how big they are and detailed (I'm blind as a bat even with glasses lol). Now for shuffling, I am not quite sure since I do have small hands (Yes, I'm petite and short, 5'0 XD).

I don't feel bad vibes or anything from the cards, I felt a sense, hey I'm back to the cards I SHOULD be but I am not sure if the shuffling will come out well since the size is a bit much, Any tips?

MissMacchiato

yes, I find the shuffling is the main difficulty with these.

We just realised that we have 3 sizes in our house.

the mini ones that are smaller than standard playing cards, the ones that are pretty much the same size as playing cards, and the ones that are slightly bigger again.

I've seen even bigger ones, which must be the ones you are talking about, and I've dealt them before, as a sitter, not a reader, and found them difficult to handle.

But the RW will always be my favourite deck, I think. You never forget your first, right? XD

CelestialHorse

Yeah XD Guess it's mostly for looking and what not :p I do think I should go back to a wee bit smaller!

Heck yes we always remember our first :D I remember asking it once if I was going to work next day(had stomach flu that day when iasked) got death card for future. Then when then couple days later the death card was in the past position! Neeeeat.

Carla

This reminds me. I ordered this in August and it's still not here! I was really excited about getting this, too. Off to email Book Depository...

swedishfish612

I just got mine this week, too. I'm using it more as a study deck. I like to stick whatever card is my daily draw card up in a picture frame that hangs over my altar. (I don't put the card IN the frame, just stick it in where the glass meets the frame, if that makes sense.) That way I can see the card all day. These cards are perfect for that since they're so big.

I'm really glad I have them, but I don't anticipate reading with them when I have regular sized RWS decks to choose from. (In fact, I have another RWS on the way...yippee! lol)

Emily

How is the laminate on these Giant RWS's that you got? I bought mine a few years ago and mine is like a brick. The Laminate is so thick and static that the deck holds itself together and groups of the cards clump together. I love the idea of a Giant RWS but this one is impossible to shuffle comfortably.

The only reason I keep it is because the details on the cards are fantastic, clear and crisp. Beautiful for study but for using for readings also. But I just wish the cardstock wasn't so sticky.

swedishfish612

Gosh, mine is lovely, no sticking at all. I got mine used on eBay, though, so maybe the previous owner got some wear in for me! My box was a little worn, but the cards actually look brand new.

Carla

I hope Book Depository pull their finger out and get mine to me soon! :)

Le Fanu

Gosh, mine is lovely, no sticking at all. I got mine used on eBay, though, so maybe the previous owner got some wear in for me! My box was a little worn, but the cards actually look brand new.
Did yours have the calligraphy writing? A few years ago it was printed in Italy; sticky cards with typeface titles (maybe Emily has this one). The newer versions are printed in China and they have gone back to the original Calligraphy titles. Plus nicer cardstock. I like mine (I have three different editions; Belgian, Italian and Chinese!)

swedishfish612

Did yours have the calligraphy writing? A few years ago it was printed in Italy; sticky cards with typeface titles (maybe Emily has this one). The newer versions are printed in China and they have gone back to the original Calligraphy titles. Plus nicer cardstock. I like mine (I have three different editions; Belgian, Italian and Chinese!)

Yes, mine has the calligraphy writing, and the box says that it was printed in Belgium. I love the colors in this deck. I've always heard that regular RWS decks have garish colors, but I think the Giant is beautiful. It inspired me to buy a regular, no copyright on cards, vintage RWS off eBay. Prior to the Giant RWS, the closest thing to a regular RWS that I had was a University Books version.