When people meet and sparks fly

LeahG

Hi All,
I have had a lovely afternoon reading some of my old posts from ten (wow) years ago.
Anyway, would like to share this reading with you. Will help me get my mind working on tarot again and also beginners might like this one.

The spread is simply called The Relationship. I like because it gives a snapshot of a relationship between any two people in time, rather than past and future. I have found it very helpful when reading for others about their loves and relationships.

Background. I have started dating again after some respite from the dating world. Having fun meeting new people. Last night I went on a date and got a surprise. Instant chemistry and lots of smiling and fun. We couldn't stop staring at one another. The man lives in a different city to me, so looking at the future in the spread didn't seem overally important as long distance relationship is not my thing.

I have taken a pic of the spread for you:

I hope you can see it okay. Middle card is 1. My cards are on the left and his cards are on the right. Top cards are thoughts. Middle cards are feelings and bottom card are attitudes and what may be show to public/outside of relationship. It is a good spread for showing differences in two peoples experiences of a relatiionship. Does not have to a love one. You are welcome to give it a try.

Seven Card Spread using Toth Tarot; with my interpretations and musings:

1. Situation or shared situation between the two people (myself and man). The current theme of relationship.
Tower: Ka-pow was my first thought. Being a major arcana card I think perhaps our meeting has literally shaken both our foundations. I don't think it was expected. I have two thoughts on this card at the moment; our meeting has created sudden change but I can't at the moment see how it affects us. We assumed we will go on with our lives and perhaps stay in touch. Tower could be a warning too; something has or will broken or changed dramatically.

2. His thoughts
Three of cups. What a lovely card. He had a great time, was smiling. He was visiting my hometown and literally felt like he joined a party. This doesn't sound very modest, but I think I made him happy.

3. His feelings
Ace of Wands. I think I may have blushed when I flip this card over. I see the ace of wands a sexual firey card in this type of reading. But perhaps he feels like our date has set a flame of desire. And well, would um, like to you..you know.. Fire is also creativity. Ace of wands I also associate with a light-blub moment.

4. What he is sharing with the outside about relationship, appearance, attitude towards relationship
Queen of Wands. Yep he has been talking about me with his friends I think. I am a creative person, and my attitude and behaviour during our date fits with a Queen of Wands. Court cards are a little tricky to read sometimes. But I think I am happy with my interpretation. Unless of course HE is giving the appearance of the Queen of Wands?

5. What I am sharing with the outside about relationship, my attitude towards relationship
Lust (in Rider Waite it is Strength). I feel conflicted over interpretations for this. On one hand I am showing control over sexual desires...perhaps. My attitude towards him and I is one of lust, desire and wanting to keep some control? Bit stuck here.

6. My feelings.
Prince (Knight in Rider Waite) of Swords. Swords air in feelings. Am I a little suspcious of some aspect of this man? I want to know more about him after all?

7. My thoughts.
Princess (Page in Rider Waite) of Cups. Interesting cups are showing up in thoughts and swords in feelings for me. Some internal conflict perhaps. That could relate to Strength, my attitude. I think I might have feeling for him. Maybe my casual attitude to not seeing him again in a hurry is false!

Overall, looking at the spread and cards. The Tower seems very important but will take me some time to figure out how. Input from the forum would be much appreicated.
His thoughts and my thoughts are relatively in line. Both cups, with me wanting to or showing affection in particular?
There are no pentacles at all in this reading, which I think might significant. It show a lack on a base for him and I to follow on with if we want to?

I hope had written enough explanation of my interpretations. Let me know if you would like me to reflect further and add before anyone wishes to reply.

Input most welcome. I am rusty on the Tarot but its coming back to me. I have to remember to go with that inital gut feeling I get when I flip the card.

Sulis

Since readings are now allowed in the Thoth forum, this thread has been moved over here from Your Readings.. Unfortunately the embedded image of the reading no longer shows up in the post so you'll have to click on the link to see the layout of the cards.

Sulis - moderator

Grigori

It's an interesting draw LeahG. Overall my impression is he's more keen on you than you on him 'in the moment', so if your'e excited he will be more so. I get that impression primarily from the Princess of Cups being more reserved or tentative than the 3 of Cups which I see as a more outward sort of a card, and also the obvious comparison between him being quite excited in the Ace verses the more conflicted Prince. The tentative princess might also reflect your previous withdrawal from dating, and this being a newish action for you. Perhaps this relates to the distance and your feeling of reduced potential for interest because of that, verses his more simple eagerness.

Actions though are both very compatible and complementary. Both Fire obviously, but also both powerful female figures with a feline companion. I'd read Lust a little stronger than the Queen, so perhaps your own actions after the event are showing more interest than his are, despite your initial hesitations compared to his immediate eagerness.

There is a dominance of fire in the spread, which bodes well for a new flirtation. That might tend to flare up the Prince a bit, and compensate for its more fractured expression. I also see a parallel with the two female fire cards (Lust and Queen) and also the two quite phallic cards (Tower and Ace). I'd read these jointly as confirmation that out of town journeys are up for the taking and flirtation should progress to something more concrete (sexually rather than necessarily a relationship).

LeahG

Thank you - insightful

It's an interesting draw LeahG. Overall my impression is he's more keen on you than you on him 'in the moment', so if your'e excited he will be more so. I get that impression primarily from the Princess of Cups being more reserved or tentative than the 3 of Cups which I see as a more outward sort of a card, and also the obvious comparison between him being quite excited in the Ace verses the more conflicted Prince. The tentative princess might also reflect your previous withdrawal from dating, and this being a newish action for you. Perhaps this relates to the distance and your feeling of reduced potential for interest because of that, verses his more simple eagerness.

Thank you Grigori for taking at look at this draw. I thought it was intriguing and interesting too. I can relate to him perhaps being more outwardly keen than I was when we met. Me being a little guarded.

Actions though are both very compatible and complementary. Both Fire obviously, but also both powerful female figures with a feline companion. I'd read Lust a little stronger than the Queen, so perhaps your own actions after the event are showing more interest than his are, despite your initial hesitations compared to his immediate eagerness.

Funny is that now, after a week or so after our date.;I do now want to see him again! That Lust has reared its head. Would like to get to know him on an intellecutal level too; perhaps reflecting the Prince of Swords.

There is a dominance of fire in the spread, which bodes well for a new flirtation. That might tend to flare up the Prince a bit, and compensate for its more fractured expression. I also see a parallel with the two female fire cards (Lust and Queen) and also the two quite phallic cards (Tower and Ace). I'd read these jointly as confirmation that out of town journeys are up for the taking and flirtation should progress to something more concrete (sexually rather than necessarily a relationship).

I didn't immediately see that parallel between the female energy in lust and the Queen, but that makes sense - thank you for that!

I decided to let him know I am interested in seeing him, so left him a message. Will see if I hear from him or if the fire of desire has gone out ;)

Grigori

Good luck, I'll be curious to hear how things pan out :)

LeahG

Good luck, I'll be curious to hear how things pan out :)

Hello Grigori
Well well, he has contacted me. Very flirty - very wand like energy. I had to chuckle, he said "that was a very nice dalliance we had." Such wand like energy.

If I ask the Thoth about him and I "what's happening?" - I get the 3 of wands & 3 of cups & Heirophant. Interesting.

Grigori

Hello Grigori
Well well, he has contacted me. Very flirty - very wand like energy. I had to chuckle, he said "that was a very nice dalliance we had." Such wand like energy.

If I ask the Thoth about him and I "what's happening?" - I get the 3 of wands & 3 of cups & Heirophant. Interesting.

Interesting. I'd read the 3's as 'peer' relationships, or 'dating' and 'seeing other people', rather than anyone seeking a commitment or anything serious at this point. Wands for him, Cups for you.

Heirophant is intriguing. A RWS version I'd read as conflicting the advice above, and an indication of something more serious. The Thoth version I'd see differently though. Good sex, but be careful with birth control ;)

LeahG

Interesting. I'd read the 3's as 'peer' relationships, or 'dating' and 'seeing other people', rather than anyone seeking a commitment or anything serious at this point. Wands for him, Cups for you.

Heirophant is intriguing. A RWS version I'd read as conflicting the advice above, and an indication of something more serious. The Thoth version I'd see differently though. Good sex, but be careful with birth control ;)

Thanks Grigori - the heirophant is intriguing. I got an immediate flash in my mind of his two children, his traditional father role (he is divorced).

He sure has been firey/wandy - will be extra careful should I see him again in person. ;-)