Ace of Disks

Baphomet

In the Crowley pack it is said that the ace of disks holds the secret, upon it are the numbers 666 and 1. I believe that it is not 1 but I, meaning the self, or heart. Does anyone else have any thought on this?

Phoenyx*

Baphomet, do you have The Book of Thoth by Crowley? He writes a long passage on the card, as well as on the numbers 666 and 1 (or I).

bonnycat

I have not read what he has said in The Book of Thoth . but on e of the contrvercail things about Crowley is that he refered to him selfs as the beast from revelations in this light I 666 makes sence to me he must have related to this card in that light.

Feel free to augue differently to me it is not a subject I have a great deal of knowledge about I just felt I would put my thoughts on the matter forward.

Kosmos

hmm....

A mentor/friend helped me open the channel on my Thoth deck last night, and when we finished we realized that the Ace of Disks had fallen to the side and not been included in the process...
I'm not sure about what happened next, but she seemed kind of happy and told me that I would have less problems with 'loopholes' when reading from the deck... which she has incessantly be warning me about since I got the thoth.
She leaves me to figure out a lot on my own, but does anyone know what all that might have been about? lol.
I oppologize if it just sounds as strange to you as it does to me!

paradoxx

6 66 the evils of materialism. if it is a 1 then adding the numbers together equals 19, if it is an I, then using alpha numerics then I is 9 and added to 18 (6X3) is 27. but in the end, only HArris and Crowley know exaclty what it means.

poivre

666=18
18 I read once is the number of material & spiritual conflict. There is some kind of confusion for anyone having this number.
Don't know the whole story.

yinpox

Crowley writes in the book of thoth "Should one choose to interpret the vertical line above 666 as 1, and add it, the number of the scarlet woman, 667, appears". For me this brings to mind the lust card. The scarlet woman (BABALON, Crowley's wife Rose) riding the beast (THERION, Crowley himself). Normaly in Crowley's mark of the beast (that 3 ring phallic symbol in the middle of the card) the vertical line is just a dot. Mabie this was just a clever "wink" from Crowley to his wife.

Phoenyx*

yinpox said:
Crowley writes in the book of thoth "Should one choose to interpret the vertical line above 666 as 1, and add it, the number of the scarlet woman, 667, appears". For me this brings to mind the lust card. The scarlet woman (BABALON, Crowley's wife Rose) riding the beast (THERION, Crowley himself). Normaly in Crowley's mark of the beast (that 3 ring phallic symbol in the middle of the card) the vertical line is just a dot. Mabie this was just a clever "wink" from Crowley to his wife.

Wouldn't that give us a hint into Crowley as a person, instead of as the "All-Mighty Father of The One True Deck"? (*turns down her playful sarcasm switch*:D) If it was indeed a wink from Crowley to his wife....*laughs* oh my....there are just somethings I don't want to imagine Crowley doing, and doing THAT is one of them....*giggles* It's bad enough that some of us sleep (or have slept) with the deck, now we're bringing his wife into the equation. I guess its really true what they say...when you sleep with someone, you also sleep with everyone they slept with.

Centaur

I was looking at this card last night, and it struck me that there appear to be wings at the top and the bottom of this card. There is the central chunk and then to the top left and right, and bottom left and right there are what appear to be wings. Feathery wings.

It is perhaps just my imagination. Can anyone else see this?

lunakasha

Centaur said:
I was looking at this card last night, and it struck me that there appear to be wings at the top and the bottom of this card. There is the central chunk and then to the top left and right, and bottom left and right there are what appear to be wings. Feathery wings.

It is perhaps just my imagination. Can anyone else see this?

No, it is not your imagaination Centaur....I see them too! Although I have no idea what the significance of them might be.

I am noticing another set of wings, located in the middle of the card, just outside of the central golden disk....anyone see that? Feathers on top of feathers.....

I am also wondering about the little cluster-things (remind me of artichokes)....there are four brown ones (top-bottom) and four yellow (left-right)....

:) Luna