Coming out of the closet... and I need your help

Which back for my deck?

• Total voters

Simone

Hi all you oracle fans out there :D

I am coming out of the closet now to announce that I have been working on an oracle of my own.

I'll call it SEASONS ORACLE and I am using my nature pictures for it.

There are going to be four groups of cards - according to the seasons. Only pictures really taken in the respective season will be used.

The cards have a picture, the name of the season, e keyword and their number on it.

I have yesterday finished the first half of the cards - those for spring and for summer.

Here are some samples:

Card 3 - Intensity (Spring)

Card 14 - Rarity (Spring)

Card 23 - Light and Shadow (Summer)

Card 35 - Ripening (Summer)

But that's just to show off ;)

What do I need your help for?

Well, with choosing the backs! I have created some today, and I'd like to know your opinion.

Here are the backs - please vote for your favourite in the poll above (it's going to be a multiple choice poll ;) )

Back nr 1

Back nr 2

Back nr 3

Back nr 4

Back nr 5

Back nr 6

Back nr 7

Back nr 8

If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to tell me!

YDM42

Hi, your work is nice. I'm not sure if any of the nature photos you have selected for the backs or included in any of the images on the fronts? I wouldn't include any flowers or images I choose as a titled card to decorate the back, maybe even the backs should be abstract?

Simone

Thanks, YDM42 :)

none of the pictures chosen for the cards appear on the draft backs ;)

The idea of an abstract back has occurred to me - thanks for bringing it up - I might fiddle around a bit to find something.

If everyone votes "none of the above" or "can't decide", I will have to completely re-think ;)

Silver_Skye

I really like 2, 3 and 7... Though I think 7 is probably my favourite.

Beautiful pictures by the way. ^_^ You're very talented.

chrisam-crystals

oh simone, they are absolutely beautiful! :)

i have chosen back number 3 as i think that the others may get mixed up with the front of the card, but number 3 is the most abstract of the ones you have shown us.

have you taken the pictures yourself, and will you be making any decks available to purchase?

jue xx

Simone

Thank you Silver_Skye :D for thinking I am talented - I might just have a good camera ;)

And thank you chrisam-chrystals.

Of course - all of those pictures, without any exception have been taken by me since this spring.

This means all the pics are fairly recent, and fall and winter pics can only be taken when the time comes.

Consequently, the deck will only be complete by early spring next year!

I have been thinking of publishing, it will certainly be less expensive than the tarot deck i am working on (gold and silver - and stagnant for now lol). I looked up local printers today and plan on calling them to see what their minmum number of copies is, what it costs, etc.

I also plan on issuing a book to go with it.

Each picture has its own little story around it, which will play into the interpretation of the card.

Some work to do still! ;)

Liralen

I like 1,2,3,4 and 7. Very helpful, I know :D. I too think that 7 is my favourite!

chrisam-crystals

how exciting for you! :D

can you give us some background as to how the cards could be used?

Joermit

Beautiful pictures! Wonderful idea too! I voted 7... very nice!

Joey

Simone

Thanks Liralen :D at one point, a back might take a lead, so don't worry!

And there is still some time! I don't have to decide tomorrow!

chrisam-crystals said:
can you give us some background as to how the cards could be used?

Well - as an oracle ;) In the book I will include some spreads suggestions, but I will also encourage intuitive reading based either on the picture, or on the title, or if you wish, on the number... or on all of it combined :)

One card, more cards, whatever suits the reader.

I'd be honoured if people found them readable in some way! (I know I do, but then, I already know all the stories ;) )

(Edited to fix a typo and to add:

Thanks Joey! The butterflies seem to inspire...)