Sweet Twilight - Queen of Swords

Aerin

I've just had her in a reading. The LWB talks about some people having a trial of fire. She doesn't look bothered though, determined yet serene seems more her style. Maybe she represents the trial herself?

Unless she's bound and burning at a stake like Joan of Arc, which is possibly the intention I suppose. If this was the 8 of Swords then this is what I'd see since she doesn't look tightly tied and still has her sword seemingly by her hand.

She has a cobra (royalty) crown on.

Hemera

I love this Queen! She is so stubborn and tough -such a powerful witch with a lot of stamina.
This card is generally about the Air element, thinking and cool reasoning and the like. But this card seems to be all about fire and passion.
The cobra is the emblem of the Goddess Isis and the Egyptian queens. Snake power is very special magic indeed.

Aerin

Do you see what I'm seeing with the ropes around her and the stake??? Just wondering.

Hemera

Aerin said:
Do you see what I'm seeing with the ropes around her and the stake??? Just wondering.

You mean that she is burning at the stake?? Of course. That´s the whole point:p She is persecuted and tied at the stake and burning... and yet this witch queen just looks stubborn... and sort of couldn´t care less..I just love her for that. What an attitude :thumbsup: :p

Aerin

Yes, I did mean that.

She doesn't look as if it hurts at all which is why I doubted my eyes :D

So in that case why doesn't she just use the sword and cut her way free? (Never been a big fan of martyrs.)

Hemera

Aerin said:
So in that case why doesn't she just use the sword and cut her way free? (Never been a big fan of martyrs.)

I don´t like martyrs either. She doesn´t look like one though.. which is why you have a very good question there..Yes, why doesn´t she just walk away?