Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Bhavana

Lots I regret. Most recently, Ghosts and Spirits and Paulina. Neither is very inspiring, but neither was very pricey either, so no big deal. Most recent pricier regret would be a vintage MG, the turquoise box one.

Chiriku

Lots I regret. Most recently, Ghosts and Spirits and Paulina. Neither is very inspiring, but neither was very pricey either, so no big deal. Most recent pricier regret would be a vintage MG, the turquoise box one.

I would have regretted Ghosts and Spirits, as well, and while I don't regret Paulina, I don't read with it and should have suspected I wouldn't when I bought it, but I was fresh off a tarot hiatus and searching for new fodder.

You mean the Morgan Greer? I thought that was one of your favorites. Why the regret?

Bhavana

You mean the Morgan Greer? I thought that was one of your favorites. Why the regret?

It is one of my favorites, but I didn't need the vintage version. Not sure what I was expecting, but like a lot of the older decks, it's got that thin floppy cardstock. No LWB, though the seller sold it as "complete" (guess I know now to make them define "complete") It's in decent condition, but not worth (to me) what I paid. I will hold on to it, it's got the 10 or so different star patterns on the backs, and that is pretty cool...but if I had to do all over, I'd have spent the money on something else!

Ghosts and Spirits -- so disappointing. I knew it might be, as Lisa Hunt is not my fav. artist - but I was hoping the subject matter would save it. It's just too busy. Too detailed. Colors too similar. The backs are darling, though!

faithh_01

I've had two decks that I regret buying. When I started reading cards I was not attracted to "traditional" art of Rider-Waite or Thoth decks so at one time I purchased Gilded tarot and Dreaming in Color cards. Both did nothing for me and I went back to my favorite Ancestral Path tarot. Both decks are beautiful to look at but not the right ones for me.

morganesky

Tarot of a Moon Garden - I was uncertain when I bought, uncertain when I opened it and whilst I liked it, we haven't clicked. She's in the drawer for now and if we don't click next attempt, then off to ebay she goes!

ETA I am also going to add the Fenestra to this. I read in here someone mentioning that all of the cards look the same, and after working with it a lot yesterday, I do have to agree. Gorgeous deck however, but I just see myself grabbing for another and not using it much at all, so I will probably sell it as I like working with my decks.

BSwett

Universal tarot. Beautiful drawings. But it's too realistic and busy. Can't feel the magic connection and so much detail makes it distracting.
Fantastic artwork though. Might keep it just for that, or give it to a friend that shows interest. B.

AnneLien

The Lenormand Tarot, what kind of a deck is that, such a waiste of money.
Also Shaman Tarot, UFO tarot, ...

magicjack

Tarot Art Nouveau by Antonella Castelli. The minors are drawings of women doing nothing that relates to the meaning of the cards. This is the most uninteresting deck I have ever seen. impossible to do a reading with.

Nytebugg

The Faerie Tarot. I like faeries so I figured I'd like this and well not so much. sometimes I will keep a deck even if all I like about it is some of the artwork. Not the case with this one. I got rid of it in less than a week on ebay.

Mermaid Queen

Art Through The Eyes Of The Soul Oracle deck.

The guidebook sucks. Not enough info. It's like a sentence worth.

I love the images though.

Any advice on what I can do with them?

I don't really want to sell them. I would like to throw out the guidebook though.

Should I start a collage or hang them up on my wall?

I really don't see myself using them in a reading.