Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Krystophe

karenquilter said:
Tarot of Prague--too bright.

K

I'm curious...are you referring to the actual color of the images, or the overall outlook of the deck?

Carla

Le Fanu said:
I found [the Osho Zen] so uninspiring; it makes a lot of noise about being spiritual and I think there are more spiritual decks out there...

As I like the Osho Zen, I wonder which decks you find spiritual. I'd like to have additional spiritual decks. :)

nicky

Rock Art
Shining Tribe
Voyager
Zerner-Farber
Bright Ideas Deck
Pagan Tarot
Modern-Medieval Tarot
Merlin
LS Tarot of Marseille (Mini)
Lord Of The Rings

just what comes to mind.. yeesh to get my money back...

firefrost

Debra said:
Why? A lot of people were hot for that little deck!

So was I. I found out too late it wasn't for me. I kept it because I didn't think I'd get back what I ended up paying (£38) and I've sold enough decks for losses.

Aerin

Sun and Moon tarot. Loathesome cardstock. Thoth type key words and RWS pictures *shudder*

One of the cards is faulty and it is going straight back. Yick.

mimiraj

Hathor said:
The Gendron for me. I saw some online scans and had to have it. When I finally got it and opened it, I was aghast and bitterly dissappointed. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, I despised it so. But it did go to someone who I believe is still giving it lots of love.

Oh my, here I was thinking I was the only one that felt that way about The Gendron. I too saw some online scans and just had to have it.. got it and wished I hadn't. Nor do I seem to be able to connect with Legacy of the Divine.
The vote on the UKIYOE Tarot is still undecided.

mimiraj

AineFoley

Faolainn Storm said:
Modern Medieval.

Bought it because it had the word medieval in the title. Found out is was a bad photo deck with about six to ten models posed awkwardly with really weird props. It is so unreadable - the same freaky looking guy turns up on two of the knights and at least one of the kings, as well as several other cards and it becomes really weird when he looks out at you from half the cards in a spread.

FS

I bought it for the same reason - I really hate it!

Hathor

mimiraj said:
Oh my, here I was thinking I was the only one that felt that way about The Gendron. I too saw some online scans and just had to have it.. got it and wished I hadn't. Nor do I seem to be able to connect with Legacy of the Divine.
The vote on the UKIYOE Tarot is still undecided.

mimiraj

You know, I still think about the Gendron and how absolutely dreadful the experience was for me. I think I'm still pissed about it !

And as for the Legacy of the Divine, it sure is beautiful to look at, but that's as far as I go with it. I can't connect with it just like I can't connect to the Gilded. I'll keep them as I do collect decks, so I will just take them out from time to time to look at the artwork.

gregory

Shadowfox.

Ugh.

AineFoley

Carla said:
I know this is a place for saying decks we wish we hadn't bought, but I want to make a little holler for the Osho Zen.

It's the only deck I've ever burned - I had such a negative reaction to it that I couldn't even pass it on to someone else.