astrology study group ~ cancer

Moongold

Something to say at last :)

Now I have something to say about Cancer. Transiting Saturn has just moved into my 7th House, which is intercepted by Cancer. This will signal my capacity to grow in my way of functioning with other people and my awareness of others as individuals. Saturn is becoming more of a Teacher now.

It is a time for me to be really looking at personal relationships and that seems to be happening naturally. Awareness of where the energies are helps.

Saturn in the 7th House in Cancer is also aspecting my natal Moon which means I look at how comfortably I sit in my own skin, my relationships with my birth family, and where I belong. Perhaps I need to develop the nurturing aspects in my life? The Moon rules Cancer so this aspect is quite important for me now.

The Moon also moves into Cancer at 1.52pm today which is only three hours away, almost exactly.

anjocoxo

thanks

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the information you gave me... Yes, I really have a strong desire to open my own New Age shop, and this desire is getting bigger everyday... Unfortunately I don't have the time or money at this moment to open it, but one day... (since I'm Libra rising, I'm always making plans and having new ideas)

"Cancer MC. Cancers can actually be hoarders/collectors - my wife is a Cancer Ascendant and finds it difficult to throw anything out because if might be useful later on!" - that's totally me :D

"You will expand yourself through your career or social role. Jupiter careers are teaching, travel related, philosophical, religious or spiritual" - another portrait of me....

Anjo

Minderwiz

Anjo,

We also want to open our own New Age shop - perhaps we could join forces - when and if we ever raise the money LOL

XLCR

<----Cancer here : )

I'm a Cancer sun (9th house) Leo moon (11th house)
With Libra Asc conj Libra Mars venus in Virgo (11th)
DOB: 7/10/67 Chicago Il 1:08pm
I love kids but have to work on patience...
would rather be out experianceing the world than sitting at home all day and night ( but I do have my moments : )
I do feel as if my home is my refuge - come in the door and leave the world behind so to speak
Funny in alot of ways I don't "feel" like a cancer

A question:
Just thought that certain signs were in opposition...like someone mentioned Cancer - Capricorn but said it is not a true opposition just wondering how that can be?

isthmus nekoi

Hey XLCR,

9th house is very big on exploration so a 9th would offset the homebody tendencies of a Cancer. 11th/Leo moon is also quite social.

To answer your question, my sun is in the mid degrees of Capricorn - 13 degrees to be exact. My sister's Cancer sun is in the early degrees, something like 1 or 2. So while are suns are in oppositional signs, they are too far apart to form an opposition (although by the way we fought as children, you'd think they were!)

XLCR

thanks Isthumus...

Okay I see what you mean...9th house (jupitor/Sag) 11th (uranus/Aqu)

by the way how many degrees are there in each position?

nina

Hello,
Is anyone welcome to chime in?
I am a cancer sun, Aquarius rising, Scorpio moon. I don't know how to do my own chart but when I had one done for me the woman gave me that information. When I asked what that meant she said "temper. temper!" which is odd because I very rarely get angry. I get irritable, but that's not the same thing.
She also said the combination of a Cancer sun and Aquarius rising was "not so good".
Being a Cancer, I've been worried about it ever since.
And I can't throw anything away either: movie ticket stubbs, photographs, I keep e-mails forever. I always want a way to remember people and days.
-nina

oceanpoetry

I have Sun in Cancer 0º in 10th house, squaring Jupiter and Uranus in Virgo in the 1st house and sextile Saturn in Taurus in the 8th house. Right now, with Saturn transit through Cancer, it is conjunct natal Sun. For me this transit has marked career advancement, recognition at work, and with the accompanying responsibility I would expect from a Saturn transit :) Also I have felt a little low in energy lately, which I think has a lot to do with the Saturn transit, tending to bring melacholy and introspection into life. At least that is how it is manifesting for me.

isthmus nekoi

Re: thanks Isthumus...

XLCR said:
Okay I see what you mean...9th house (jupitor/Sag) 11th (uranus/Aqu)

by the way how many degrees are there in each position?
Not entirely sure I've grasped your question, XLCR, but there are 30 degrees for each sign (0-29). This is because the sky is viewed as a perfect circle (360 degrees) divided by 12 signs. If this isn't the answer you were looking for, pls let me know!
---

Nina,

Yes, you are very welcome to jump in and out anytime ^_^
Oh, I wish your astrologer hadn't said your Cancer sun & Aqu ASC wasn't 'so good'. It is not an easy combination, but whether it's 'good' or 'bad' depends on you! The reason why Cancer/Aqu aren't easy mates is b/c Cancer is very lunar - very caring, emotional, nurturing. Aqu on the other hand is the least lunar - very detached, eccentric, having little concern for nurturing. Aqu cares, but on an abstracted/theoretical universal level, which differs greatly from the feeling oriented family approach of Cancer.
Basically, these signs have little in common and you may find that the way you project yourself or interact w/the world differs from the way you view yourself or understand your environment.
Having a Cancer sun and Aqu ASC may give you a fondness for old things. You may collect historical oddities or such like, esp if Taurus is activated in some way in your chart... Cherishing old e-mails is definetely a benign expression of these 2 signs.
----

oceanpoetry,

Saturn has passed over a conj w/your sun and is the beginning of a whole new cycle :) Enjoy building for the next 14 years!

oceanpoetry

Let me fasten my seatbelt, its going to be quite a ride! I am glad that Saturn is moving away from my natal Sun and the conjunction it has been making. It has brought new challenges, especially in career, but also reward and recognition from my superiors. I definitely feel like I am laying down foundation for next 14years!