Tarot of the moongarden: The book

Maan

Hello people

I'm still getting to now this deck and i think i like it. Its really fluffy but that does not bother me.
But what i wsa wondering is the book any good? Would it be worth my while if i ordered it?

Love and light
Maan

Kyrielle

Getting the book was worth it for me. Decks seem to make more sense to me when I've read the accompanying book. Moon Garden's book has interesting little rituals connected to each card that range from spells to baking Empress Oatcakes, as well as the usual stuff you expect to find in a tarot deck book.

--Kyrielle

Maan

Kyrielle said:
. Moon Garden's book has interesting little rituals connected to each card that range from spells to baking Empress Oatcakes, as well as the usual stuff you expect to find in a tarot deck book.

--Kyrielle

Hmm sounds intresting. The little rituals make me really curious
Thank you Kyrielle

Love and light
Maan

Jimilyn

Well, this deck has been high on my wish list since about September. However, I still haven't gotten it. For some reason, most of the decks I get are lower on my wish list, recent additions to my wish list, or not on my wish list at all!

However, I think I'm going to have to make a point of getting this one soon. I enjoy my Enchanted Tarot (Zerner & Farber) because the book has the thoughts, rituals, etc. to go with each card. So, if this deck has the same thing, I'm sure I'll love it as well.

Soooo.... if I end up with another deck before I intended to get another deck, it's your fault, Kyrielle! :D hehehehe

Catcha later,
Jimilyn

catwoman

I bought the deck and the book as a set and I wasn't very impressed by them both I'm afraid. The book is quite thin and you couldn't really compare it with any other half-decent tarotdeck book out there. It doesn't really give you any important or intelligent information and it is very basic. The deck itself is too pretty and very airy-fairy and so is the book.

Maan

Hi catwomen

Could you be more specific please....Maybe telling what the book has to say about the 5 of swords ( wich i find unclear in the deck)
I hope its not to much trouble?

Love and light
Maan

Ravenswing

the book...

yes, get the book. i found it a rather unique piece of writing. for each card there are the three 'r's'; the rendering, the reading and the ritual.

the rendering is a discription of the image; the reading is the basic meaning for the card; the ritual is some magickal working that goes with the theme of the card.

the last part is most unique.

one thing that there are hints at, and makes a facinating study-- look carefully at the cards for flowers that repeat themselves (especially the one mentioned in the text on the fool), nearly hidden dragons and flying balloons.(there are others, but i'll leave them for you to discover)

start grouping cards with similar symbols together. meditate on them. consider why it is that these cards share particular symbols. this deck is a lot deeper than it appears on first sight.

it is a rather enjoyable deck

LVX
steve

Maan

Thankyou Steve :*

You got me all curious running of to find my deck ;)

Butterfly

I want to thank you to Steve. I've used the Moon Garden for over six years. I really disagree when people call it fluffy or airy fairy- but I could never word it as eloquently as you! LOL

Maan

Does anyone have the ISBN of the book.
I hace some problems ordering it without the deck.

:(