Robin Wood - The Magician

Ravenne

Most of what I get out of this card has already been stated;
Masculine energy, hence an active card and outgoing energy, which indicates the need/wish to do something, be active, make decisions, create and so on. He stands in his own strength, so he's stable, balanced. He enjoys life, he's got many talents/abilities and whatever he chooses to do, he will enjoy it to the max! The opportunities and possibilities are infinite and he doesn;t mind that either (some people get depressed and insecure when the choices are too plentiful; this guy doesn't have that problem!)
Strength, courage, joy, sexuality, fertility (also the abstract form of fertility).
I don't see him offering the lemniscate. The way I see it, he's holding it. To me it meant something in the sense of him understanding the cycles of life, knowing that all is cyclic and connected. I looked up the meaning of this symbol and in maths it means infinity, but otherwise it stands for the balance between heaven and earth, the earthly and the Divine. I suppose this explains the "divine" glow around it.
What I do find peculiar, not sure whether it has a meaning: his hair is dark brown but his chest hair is blond?? Would this again direct to male-female, yin - yang or is that a bit far fetched? Maybe he just went to the drugstore and dyed his hair - chuckle

I don't work with reversals. But in that case I'd say: being stuck, not being able to undertake action, to do things, make decisions. Stale energy, not standing in your own strength, sort of feeling lost and overwhelmed by life and it's abundance of choices. Instead of the energy flowing freely, the energy is stagnant.

Ravenne

Moonson

Thank you!! apreciate your coment

saostarr

I'm seeing the magician in somewhat of an obvious way... someone who is using some sort of occult means to grow spiritually. Be it tarot or astrology or any other type of whatever... i see using the powers of nature and magic to control your life.
Reversed, i feel it's a warning against using your powers to manipulate others. it will backfire.
Part of the reason i interpret this card this way is because of the high priestess that follows it. i feel that the high priestess has tapped into her intuition, unlocked secrets of the universe and understands magic because of her practice as the magician.

Morwenna

The figure on this card looks so much like an old friend of mine (since deceased) who was a weaponsmith--talk about creativity! And the puckish expression is very like his too.

I see creativity here, yes, but also the extreme closeup brings that right out to the reader ("in your face" so to speak). He is a shaman (witness the deer head) and also adept with tools; his is mastery in both the natural and fabricated worlds. As for the hair-color differences (which I never noticed before): well, he contains more "light" than is readily noticed, but he can let you see it if he wants to! (Psst; wanna little esoteric knowledge?) :D

shiresun

Everything about this card has an upclose and personal feel. There is a sense of tunnel vision, so that my focus is directed only to the central figure. He is a man of unknown age, graced with an aspect which shows one in his prime. He is fully bearded with piercing eyes. He fills the space of the realm with a commanding presence. He is clothed in robes of red, with a white inner lining, and where the seams of his robe come together, on either side and of equal width, running the length of the robes are panels filled with white roses, white lillies, entwined with leaves, upon a golden background. Upon his head rests the headress of a buck with a full set of antlers. The eyes of the deer peer out, above his own, deeper, dark, two wells of eternity within. Deer Medicine resides here.

He sits at a table, upon which are a pentagram on the right side, a wand, and a sword, crossed (the sword, pointing left to right, the hilt closest to his body, on top of the wand which lies right to left, with a crystal resting near his body). There is a chalice sitting to his left opposite the pentagram. On the edge furthest from him are what appears to be a red and a white rose, both on the right side in front of the pentagram.

Behind him are two pillar-like candles; a black one on the right side and a white one on his left side. The light of these candles fills the room with a brilliance of what seems to be a million suns.

Floating above his right hand, held in front of him, is a glowing sign of infinity. His left hand is conceiled.

He commands the world around him, while he maintains balance between the dark and the light. There is a sense that he is All Knowing and his teachings would lead a student to find both aspects within themselves and they would learn to stand in balance as well. Transmutation and alchemy of the self would be included in some of his lessons. There is great strength, courage, and wisdom in this man.

Standing before him all else recedes.

Water Lady

very little mention of the deer, skinned on his head. This is very repulsive to me and I am having a lot of trouble with this card because of it. It is all I can see.
Any help on a more positive view, then someone killed the deer, to wear as a hat?

Water Lady

thank you sullis, that helps a bit.
I like the brightness of the cards, I am so disapointed in decks that show so bright in the before buying and you get them and they are so dull in areas that you can't make out the details. or
the cards are so small the details need a magnifying glass to find. hard to get into a reading with a magnifying glass in hand.

I may just get this deck now.

Moonson

Nan said:
I am so disapointed in decks that show so bright in the before buying

That happens... :( i know!!

Edit: Hi Nan! hope you get this one! Then you can share your thoughts with us here in the study group! :)