• INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

LeahG

Re: VOTE !!!

Kissa said:
Almost 600 ppl read this but only 35 votes ... How sad, this is so interesting ! The test takes some time to do but I really found it very accurate as I read the results! Oh, by the way I am ISFJ ..

Kissa

Yes, those who haven't taken the test I urge you to give it a try. No it is not 100% "accurate" influencing factors of what you "want" to be like, your mood at the time of taking the test can also affect the results.

Remerber everyone - this is a personality test and personality tests are designed to show the DIFFERENCES between individuals not the reasons the differences exist.

The test is widely used for such things as helping a person look a good career/job options - I took a similar test a few years ago - the result matched up with - public health microbiologist - which what I am already!! Told her - thank you but am already one of those and there is something in the job that lacks fulfilliment. So looked at my other aspects of personality that where strong but didn't win out in the overal personality profile - and what did we find? Psychologist - social.

I had forgotten about that test until yesterday when I was cleaning up my paperwork and found it again. Laughed when I saw the notes - studying psychology now - I'm sure if I took the test again the results would show a shift in aspects of my personality.

So the point I am trying to make :) Personality has been shown to fairly stable overtime - basic traits remain - but evironmental influences and life experiences can magnify or decrease aspects.

Interestingly I read today that psychologists generally agree that an individuals personality traits remain fairly set after the age of thirty - after thirty comes maturity and life changes tend to be less dramatic (no starting uni, puberty etc). This has been shown in research spanned over 30-40 years. They do recognize that some events such as illness can alter traits after thirty.

Just a bit of trivia for you :)

Cheers

bleuivy

Infp

I had to search for this one!

I just took the Myers-Briggs a week or so ago and found out I was an INFP. I realize that some people don't like the Myers-Briggs but I found it fascinating reading the literature. It sounded just like I was reading something written specifically about me, that's how accurately "me" the descriptions of INFP's were.

So I thought I'd bump the poll up to give other members who weren't on the forum way back in 2003 a chance to weigh in with their Personality Types.

It's by no means a scientific sampling of AT members, but I quite enjoyed reading about everyone else's types and reactions to the MBTI system.

For people who participated in the poll back in 2003, do you think your personality types have changed? I first took the test years ago and was an INTP, I think, but now I'm far more "Feeling" oriented, I guess. :)

mythos

In the early '80's when I was studying psych I came up as an INTJ. In the early '90's when I was working as a psych-social worker, I came up as an INTJ. Twice, since I veered into the world of tarot and it's related fields, I have become an INFP. In re-doing the test, I could see how I would have answered many of the questions differently in my 'past-life'. Funny thing is that Richard Geer, also an INFP, and I share a birthday. We have other things in common - I can't act, and neither can he }), and we were both in McLeod Ganj in India to see the Dalai Lama at the same time. No doubt he had a private audience ... mine was more public. I'm sure it's a gender thing (mythos rolls all over the place laughing).

mythos:)

CalypsoTea

Throw another INFP into the mix. ^_^

light2000

Another INFP :)

RingTheory

INFP/INFJ are both very spiritually-oriented, there's scores of them here it seems.

Not me, representin' ENTP. I took the Myers-Briggs about ten years ago, and that's what I was then.

An "architect", hmmm, descriptions of my personality type make me seem a little spastic. But that's okay.

Umbrae

Isfj

Protector Guardian

firemaiden

I went to a career counselor two years ago whose first move was to try to type me. I hate being typed. I read through the whole book on these types, and read the types that he thought I might be. The whole concept of typing people enrages me. I spent weeks wondering if I was an introvert or an extrovert, and finally decided I am an extrovert when there are people around, and an introvert when I am all by myself. All the dichotomies seem totally absurd to me.

Well of course there is a type for that - the type who refuse to be typed. I guess that is INFP.

I hate personality typing. Hate to be put in a box. It makes a mockery of free will.

Annabelle

I'm an INTJ. Have been ever since my teen years. I've taken a full version of the test, I've taken various online versions, paid versions, free versions, etc. And I always get the same result.

MeeWah

Very interesting.

INFJ since early 2004, so that nullifies my original post of INFP (though unable to change it) based on an old test.