Japaridze Tarot

Moonbow

I love the look of this deck it reminds me of the Karma which also has surreal artwork. I've always been attracted to decks that stretch the imagination for reading, like the Navagators of the Mystic Sea and Tarotof the Spirit. I like the Celtic knot work too.

I've dropped more than enough hints for Birthday or Christmas!

agviz

...(I haven't clicked at all with Tarot of the Spirit. A few cards may have vaguely the same art style in common, but Japaridze is incomparably better for me.)

I do like the Tarot of the Spirit, but I'm far more drawn into the artistry here. It's beautiful and so imaginative.

I have a feeling this deck will be better for meditative readings for myself than for reading with others. I think I'll need to use my brain more with this (uh-oh), kind of like I do with the Mary-el. It's tough to think deep when I feel pressured to come up with an answer for someone sitting across from me. But for myself I could really enjoy meditating with this imagery.

Le Fanu

Christmas. Now that's a good idea. I could ask outright. Better than socks.

Wendywu

Does anybody really internalise these invented meanings?

I did, for Ironwing. I see all tarot cards as 8 of Bells, or 9 of Spikes etc. Queens will forever be Madrones and I love my earnest Apprentices :). I have to make a mental translation back to traditional names :laugh:

Le Fanu

I suppose if it ends up being the deck you stick with, the new names overtake the old.

EarthAngel2911

Well.... I ordered a copy of the Japaridze last night! :-D Amazon.com had a 30% off code so I could hardly pass it up.

Now I have to decide if I'm strong enough to hand the deck over to my husband when it comes in so he can wrap it up and give it to me for Christmas. ;-)

Dark Victory '39

Agviz your trim job and gild is muy spectaculario.

Yes, earthair i will hold off doing anything to my backs; had an unfortunate time w/ some metallic gold and lapis paints on the Japardize title card, which makes me think i should restrain myself. Tighten the reins, and say, 'your talents might lie elsewhere, dark victory.'

Moonbow

Reporting back from a few weeks ago, I now have the Japaridze.

I'm working through the cards along with Steve's commentary on each one and I find the book very well written especially because it hints at the symbols in card images but doesn't go in to loads of detail that perhaps only the artist can fully explain, leaving the reader to expand the card meanings from their own world view, memories, imagination and senses.

The deck uses the inner voice and feelings as well as the external card meanings or a mixture of both, with loads of room for personal interpretation. It's a lovely artistic deck and readable, and will require the reader to spend time with it to really bring it out of itself.

Le Fanu

Mine should be waiting for me when I get back. Looking forward to seeing it close up. I often share or identify with your tastes, Moonbow, so if you like it, I'm sure I will.