"Pimp my Rider!"

Kissa

AJ, you are the wise kind, experimenting and testing while hubby makes breakfast LOL
I just went ahead and started to write numbers THEN i stopped to think LOL
I like both cards. Maybe I sound weird but I think that the Wind effect might be very interesting if used properly on some cards, some designs. For example to give a nice "foggy" atmosphere to a full moon in the sky... you know what I mean?
Stamping is good, I hadn't though about stamping!!!!
I'm really eager to see further experimentations and partial/final results!!!

My youngest daughter was very interested in the pimped Medieval, she shuffled it and watched it card by card, then put the small pack again altogether and she was far less careful than I am yet the stickers stayed in place and the ink too. OUF!!! <relieved>
Been using that deck this week for daily readings, shuffling it gently. No problem... I don't know at all how the sticker glue or the ink will ultimately age, we'll see ;-)
I like the feel of it better now, it is less slippery

We were out tonight so my Kissa tarot Swords are still untrimmed... I must start them this weekend!!

AJ

Did some more experimenting while he cooked dinner. I'm so spoiled :)

The key is embossed. You use embossing ink (in this case clear) then sprinkle the ink with fine embossing powder, shake off any excess and then blow with a heat gun. I REALLY worked beautifully and will never come off. I was worried the plastic in the cards might cause them to bend. Did a tiny bit, but this morning the card is flat as a pancake.

On the seven I used a little star stamp with Ancient page permanent dye ink, it was permanent the second it dried, doesn't come off with any moisture and I could over paint it with the pen without any blurring of the stars. Definitely the type of stamp pad to use.

Let's see what today's meals bring forth :)

Attachments

• 33745.JPG
    33745.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 426

AJ

three days later than I expected to be, but here are my fives.
I'm feeling fiveish today...these took about an hour.

Don't expect pretty, these are about feelings. Worries. Rants if you will :)

Attachments

• Saints 5 cups 5 coins.JPG
    Saints 5 cups 5 coins.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Saints 5 wands 5 swords.JPG
    Saints 5 wands 5 swords.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 341

Taamar

I love what you're doing, AJ.

.traveller.

AJ said:
three days later than I expected to be, but here are my fives.
I'm feeling fiveish today...these took about an hour.

Don't expect pretty, these are about feelings. Worries. Rants if you will :)

How fun! Hopefully I will get to photographing and posting pictures of mine eventually. I had to stop playing because things at work began to pick up (no more half days!) and then I lost this thread.

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Alright. AJ (by the way my name is AJ too!). I've been neglecting my decks lately (ton of reasons, just haven't had time or space to play with them, shuffle them, love on them) and just today broke my Deviant Moon back out...which led to my breaking out the Secret Forest deck. I found this thread earlier today and LOVE what you've done with the Saints. I need to pick one of my "less favorite" decks (sweet lord I would never be able to bring myself to do this to my beloved Deviant Moon) and go to town. I feel like it'd jump start my love of tarot, but I can't decide on a deck. Perhaps tomorrow I'll go through them and pick out a deck. I'm so OCD about things that literally, my 20-some odd decks stay in their boxes in a chest and look like they've not even been breathed on yet. It's pretty bad, but I feel like this will help me to get over the fact that they're so "special" and make me realize that they're just paper. Thank you all for this thread!!!!

Kissa

Wow AJ, GREAT!!!!!!!
Absolutely in the line of my favorite journaling artists :)
I bet this is THE BEST WAY to get to know one deck.
The keywords that you write here are your very own and cannot literally be more connected/close to what the pictures inspire to you.
It is funny you went by number and pimped the Fives, I always go first with Majors then Aces then the rest of the pips then Court cards.
Since I want to study Tarot de Marseille a bit more in-depth now, your procedure sounds darn clever and totally appropriate. As soon as I get the Golden Tarot (by Liz Dean), I will trim and pimp it using your number-system.

Some decks are just more inspiring than others, aren't they? I have started writing on some cards too. Yesterday the Jonathan Dee cheap tarot deck got it. I wanted as little Golden Dawn esoterica as possible, so the sphinxes on the Chariot became horses and the one on the Wheel just got covered by a huge silver sticker. OOOOps!
The High Priestess Egyptian hat became just a glow of gold from her head etc.
I hid Devil's third eye (too spooky for my taste), put a hood on that tonsured monk that acted as Hermit etc.
This was the most extreme deck-pimping until now, but then again the deck was without any value to me, which is very liberating.

The most fun maybe was too write my name on the Two of Pentacles, as TdM publishers used to do LOL

I will try and take pics today :)

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Kissa, please do. I'd love to see these. I think it might help me just grab a deck and go to work on it. Until then, I'm going to be owned by my decks, which have better resting places than I do in my home. Hah!

rwcarter

.traveller., it comes up fine for me.