My first Gothic reading

mj07

I just got the deck yesterday. After spending some time last night going through it a few times, writing some notes, I threw three cards just basically for my relationship with the new deck. Check it out, I love it!

13 Death- time for a change!
7 of Pentacles- come on in, make yourself at home!
Knave of Wands- here I'm a bit confused, is he going to frighten away anything bad?

Alissa

mj07 said:
13 Death- time for a change!
7 of Pentacles- come on in, make yourself at home!
Knave of Wands- here I'm a bit confused, is he going to frighten away anything bad?
Death, ayup.

I think of Welcome Home with the 7 of Pentacles as well, so I concur here too!

And the Knave of Wands...

All four of the Knaves are shown as gargoyles, and are shown crouching.

To crouch is to show a body position of "potential." The spring must be wound tight in order to pop. A cat crouches into his center before leaping to pounce upon prey.

In the Faerie Oracle, many Fae are shown crouching. This is symbolized by Froud as a position to act from, a position of readiness, and positioning one's self to "spring forward."

The fact that this "potential to spring forward" is shown by the Wands suit would suggest your new leaps and bounds may come at the mental/intellectual level.

A promising reading I'd say! :D

mj07

ooh, thanks Alissa, that helps a lot!

Annwyn

My first reading

Hi all,

Did my first 4 card spread "practice"reading for a friend the other night. She is not a good/close friend so I dont know all her ins and outs but I do know a little of her current circumstances.

In saying that I explained to her that I would just interpret the cards and tell her what I see and feel.

Given that I am also new to tarot I am really amazed at how this went. Pleasantly suprised, in awe of the cards and so much more. I know Im on a winner with these cards after this reading.

I was never sure if I was going to use these cards for reading for myself, or others, or whatever? It's just all falling into place and confirming for myself this is where I am headed. (If that makes sense lol?)

I didnt have to refer to the little booklet for help, (which I am proud of considering I was worried I wouldnt remember what the major arcana cards represented as much as I remember the minors) plus as mentioned in a previous post, I dont much agree with many of the meanings for the cards anyway.

Here are the cards that were dealt.

7 of Swords, 8 of Swords (Yes much shuffling of the deck was done and still 8 of Swords) Knight of Cups and last but not least
The Emperor of major arcana.

Will post the readings of the cards under the individual headings of this study group.

I am just thankful for this group.

Thanks for listening
Annwyn

lunakasha

Hey Gothic fans!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know....

I have revived the thread for Daily Card with the Gothic, in the Your Readings forum:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28465

If anyone is interested in posting a daily card draw with the Gothic, I would love the company....it gets pretty lonely there in the mausoleum!!! ;) :p

For me, this is a great way to get more familiar with the individual cards in this deck....

:) Luna