Fey Trio Study - XIVTemp; 7Pent; AceSwd

dadsnook2000

That Ace of Swords was "right on"

The Ace of Swords kicked in this morning -- one part of my book project was not working well for me -- then an idea hit last night at bedtime. The answer was right under my nose among my notes from years past -- eggs covered with mist, the Fey looking the wrong way (up) focusing on the concept, not the solution. So, I've discovered dynamite right under my nose. The glowing sword of ideas, concepts and insights has now come into my grasp. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Dave

elvenstar

Body Mind Spirit - elvenstar 21-27 Jan

Hope I'm not too late for the party, had a hectic week! :)

Temperance - Body, Outer: First thought, she's looking away, ignoring issues having to do with the body. She's half under water and her hand is searching something in there. Perhaps she's suggesting to have a long bath this week and investigate my health. The torches are wobbly, perhaps energy levels will be low as well. She is advising to find balance and take care of the body, not underestimate its importance due to other concerns. In the outer world I may appear distracted this week, there are many tasks awaiting me (fish circling around her head), but my attention is elsewhere. She doesn't have to look at them to know they're there though, her advice is to be aware of what's going on around me.

Seven of Pentacles - Mind, Inner: He's comfortably smoking his pipe! He's calm and dreamy, no stress evident in his pose. I think he's saying it's good to be calm and there's nothing I need to be freaking out about, however I shouldn't cross over to complacency. There's a lot of pentacles looming right over his head. These are things on my mind, things that need to be thought out and addressed, they should not be ignored! But they're equally distributed on the tree and each seems to have its place. Sorting my ideas through is what I need to do. In my inner world there is the possibility for a certain stability this week (the tree), a balance between emotion and thought (calm lake and sky). His advice is to consciously maintain that balance.

Ace of Swords - Spirit, Truth: Her eyes are fixed on the glowing sword. Spiritually, I'll be working with the element of Air this week. Her hands seem to be relevant to the fact that the sword is levitating, however there's a strain there, a stalemate. The sword is neither coming closer or moving away. Perhaps she's not sure which one she wants to do. There's some painful breakthrough associated with that sword? The important thing here is the strain caused by this situation, either way a decision needs to be made. Her wings are ready to take her higher, she advises to rise above it. I'm curious to see what this is about! The truth of the matter for this week is that effort and concentration will be required, no walk in the park here. She advises to keep my eye on my goals.

dadsnook2000

Differing views

Given that we each are viewing these cards in our own personal context, it's still amazing how we see the same things in different ways. That's the wonder of the Tarot. Just love this. Dave

lunalafey

My week was over yesterday....I have a micro diary of the week and I need to fill in the blanks when I can get some quite time.

Imagemaker

The rest of the story

My week is over so I'll sum up.

As the week went on, I was still dealing with the aftermath of the ice storm. I began to see the 3 cards as different perspectives on what was occurring, more than being totally divided into PPF.

My actions swung between:

card 1: the bemused, waist-deep Temperance needing to put things back in place--the tree is still on the roof (tree people haven't called back yet), the wall holes still need fixing, but the pipes are insulated and safe in this continuing bitter cold,

card 2: my need to meditate/rest/contemplate my place and purpose in the week's activities, and my need to nest in general winter hibernation (in spite of going out to work), and

card 3: having new ideas about things to change or start.

We've had super cold (-10 F this morning) and all week I made the choice to spend a significant bit of time Being instead of manically Doing. For example, I've left the freezer and refrigerator quite empty, having the new idea of not storing so much food (a longtime habit) instead of rushing out to replace and freeze items lost in the power outage.

Part of my first post on the Ace of Swords was that I couldn't tell if the Fey was receiving or releasing the sword, though I tended toward releasing. And indeed, this week I had the following new ideas about releasing things, as a result of having to move stored items away from walls:

1. I made a deal with a spiritual-advisor/therapist friend to give her a lot of my mindfulness/meditation books to share among her clients as a lending library. She said she'd long wanted to offer her clients books; she was thrilled to have mine.

2. I arranged to pass along to an eBay seller-friend a box of 1940s items belonging to my parents. We'll split the sales price.

3. Today I turned down a request to teach a journaling workshop, in the same situation where, a year ago, I had done it and felt exploited and unappreciated by the sponsoring hospital. Something pointed that I released instead of feeling stuck!

It's been a productive week, in spite of the apparently passive 7 Pents approach to doing things :) And though those fish are still circling in the air, I expect them to be back in their proper element when this cold eases.

lunalafey

my week

TEMPERANCE - BODY
What happened that relates to what I got from the card; my company has just put into place company health insurance. They picked a very good policy, I guess, and they are paying for half. This is a first in my life so for me to figure out if I wanted this policy or that one (we could choose a ‘lesser’). Being a first for me I’m pretty blind, like the eyes of this Fey.
In more direct connection to the physical body, we went to a chinese buffet, figured it would be a typical buffet, OH! NO! All you could eat ‘things from the sea’ Crab legs, and sushi and shrimp and, and…..I ate so much.

7 PENTACLES - MIND
I have had a very pentacles week. In the week I spoke with some one who might know of a place for us to park our RV and really call “home”. There is a barn that has electric and water. I could get all of our stuff out of storage and eliminate that bill. Get out of the RV park, no more paying rent for that.

In the Book of the Fey, it says, ……”pentacles can be anything”
I like how this appears in Elvenstar's reading
” There's a lot of pentacles looming right over his head. These are things on my mind,”
Probably because we used the same spread. We both gave the 7P a relaxed & stress free feel.
Mimers saw potential as that ‘thing’. The lazy aspect she saw in the Fey makes it unrealized potential, and to add to that, potential not pursued. Imagemaker and dadsnook2000 have a similarity of ‘thing’, they are both looking at putting money towards their home. Where as for me, finding that ‘home’ would save me a good tree full!

ACE SWORDS – SPIRIT

I’m not quite sure what to make of this card. Might it be the return to doing studies with the Fey? My ‘spirit’ this week did have a delightful moment. I reconnected with a high school best friend. We discovered many parallels and such it’s been amazing.

elvenstar

looking back...

My week is over, I kept the cards in mind during this time and got some interesting results and thoughts.

Body/Temperance
I got back some health exam results this week (all ok :)), had an unexpected bath :D (it's interesting how lunafey also had the bath idea!) and took my own advice to take batter care of myself. I was distracted and probably appeared so to others as well. Like Imagemaker I saw the fish as issues that need to be dealt with and unfortunately some of those fish tasks are still circling around my head... Also, I didn't make the connection until reading lunafey's post, but I went to a friend's house by the sea for the weekend, so that was pretty literal I guess and had sea food there too!

Mind/7 of Pentacles
Only after reading other people's posts did I realise that these pentacles could be actual money :D For some reason I totally didn't think about it when doing the reading, but when I read the 'I'm missing something here' comments, I realised that I too was missing something I had to do and which did in fact have to do with money :| Also, I probably did cross over to the lazy side a bit...

Spirit/Ace of Swords
That's a difficult one... I said I'd be working with Air this week and I guess it was true if I judge by the amount of things I actually got done :p Something I can also relate to this is the split of my time between pursuing spiritual things and doing more practical things (going to work, doing stuff around the house etc.) This pushing away/pulling closer is similar to Imagemaker's receiving/releasing idea and I think for me was related to the fact that I tried to find a better balance between spiritual/material things.

Overall it was a pretty relaxed peaceful week, like the little guy in the 7 of pents!

Imagemaker

As Dadsnook said, the way these cards related to our very different situations is so cool! And I liked having the 3 cards to think of as I went through the week, considering how they reflected what was appearing throughout my days.

A successful exercise, Lunafey!

lunalafey

tis cool

It was quite interesting. Only two of us used the body mind spirit spread and the parallels in both the weeks reading and then the events.
I wonder how it would have been had there been only one spread used for all.
I liked having all the readings to reflect on through the week and how I saw things evolve from another's take.
I also noticed a sort of 'link' between Temperance and the 7 of Pentacles.
The relaxed state and that 'missing' and dads events ties the Ace of Swords into that 'missing' bubble....
I think I just got an idea for another study....bubble....hmm

Imagemaker

Bubbling up? I'm ready!